T. Ogwang, MA
- 2008-date: University Lecturer, Department of Planning and Governance, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda.
- 2007-2013: University Lecturer, Institute of Ethics and Development Studies, Uganda Martyrs University, Nkozi.
- MA in International Relations &Diplomatic Studies, Makerere University, 2002-2006.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Makerere University, 1998-2001.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning in Institutions of Higher Learning, Uganda Martyrs University, 2007-2010.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Research Methods and Writing Skills, Centre for Basic Research (CBR), 2007.
- Certificate in Administrative Officer’s Course, Law Development Centre, Kampala, 2013.
- Certificate in Strategic Thinking for SEA/EIA/IA, International Association for Impact Assessment, Durban, South Africa 2018.
- Certificate in Human Security, United Nations Institute for Training and Research, 2011.
- Certificate in Intensive Negotiations Skills Training Workshop, Vaxjo University/Mbarara University of Science and Technology, 2009.
- Certificate in Conflict Analysis, Vaxjo University/Mbarara University of Science and Technology, 2010.
- Certificate in Governance and Development, Makerere University, 2007.
- Certificate in Gender and Humanitarian Aid, Makerere University, 2006.
- Ogwang, T., Vanclay, F., & van den Assem, A. (2018). Impacts of the oil boom on the lives of people living in the Albertine Graben region of Uganda. The Extractive Industries and Society.
- Ogwang, T. (2018). Private Security Organizations in Uganda: At Home and Away, edited by Kennedy Mkutu Agade in Security Governance in East Africa: Pictures of Policing from the Ground, Lexington Books.
- Ogwang.T. (2018).The Management of Social Tensions and Community Grievances in the Albertine Region’ Oil Wealth and Development in Uganda: Prospects, Opportunities and Challenges(work in progress).
- Ogwang.T. (2018).Understanding People’s Perceptions and Expectations about Oil discoveries in Northern Uganda (work in progress).
- Ogwang, T. (2015). Rethinking Peace, Post Conflict Reconstruction and Development Interventions in Northern Uganda: Opportunities and Challenges. Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal, 2(10)157-173.
- Ogwang, T. (2014). Resettlement Interventions for Internally Displaced Persons in Northern Uganda, International Journal of Research in Social Sciences (IJRSS) in Volume 4: No: 3 July, 2014.
- Ogwang, T. (2014). Armed Conflicts and Forced Migration In The Great Lakes Region Of Africa: Causes and Consequences, International Journal of Research in Social Sciences (IJRSS) in Volume 4: Issue 2 June, 2014.
- Ogwang, T. (2011). Weighing Conflict Resolution Approaches: The Military Approach Versus Settlement By Negotiation In Resolving The Conflict In Northern Uganda 1986-2002, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Ogwang, T. (2008). Governance and Conflict Resolution: Challenges of Resolving the Northern Uganda Conflict, Journal of Science and Sustainable Development,1. November, 2008.
RESEARCH GRANTS WON
- Local Promoter: Is Uganda ready to avoid the governance curse? A comprehensive analysis of the country’s oil governance regime, funded by VLIR UOS, Belgium.
- Local Promoter: An Assessment of Traditional Justice and Reconciliation in Uganda: Experiences and Lessons from West Nile, Acholi, and Teso sub-regions of Uganda, funded by VLIR UOS, Belgium.
- Local Promoter, Finding Durable Solutions for Old Refugee Case-loads in Nakivale Settlement – Mbarara District, Uganda, 2014-2016, funded by VLIR UOS, Belgium.
- Peace, Security, and Development in the Great Lakes Region-The Mbarara Seminar Series, 2013-2014, funded by the Royal Norwegian Embassy.
- Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme for young African researchers, Department of Cultural Geography, University of Groningen, 2014.
- Assessing the Impact of Human Security Interventions and its application under the Peace, Recovery, and Development Plan in Post Conflict Reconstruction in Northern Uganda, 2011-2015, funded by Mak-Sida Bilateral Research Program.
- Small Grants for Dissertation Proposal Award to write on ‘State vis-a-vie Human Security: Examining the Challenges and Prospects for resettlement and Integration of the Internally Displaced People in Northern Uganda, 2009, funded by CODESRIA, Dakar, Senegal.
SELECTED CAPACITY BUILDING TRAININGS ATTENDED
- Participated in Security and democratic governance Training organized by Council for the Development of Social Science in Africa, Dakar, Senegal, August 2013.
- Attended a training on Peace building and Local Governance offered by the Hague Academy for Local Governance in the Hague, The Netherlands, funded by the Government of the Netherlands, March, 2013.
- Gender and citizenship, Women’s Rights and citizenship Training Institute,
University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2008.
- Scholarly Writing and Publication, Nile Resort Hotel, Innovations @Makerere,
Jinja, Uganda, 2008.
- Methodological Training in Peace Research Training Workshops organized by United Nations mandated University for Peace (UPEACE), Africa Programme, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 2009,2010 & 2011.
- Participated in International Training Program on the International Political Economy of the Great Lakes Region: Towards Inclusive Development, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 2009.
- Co- organizer: International Conference on the Role of Women in Peace Building in the Great Lakes Region, funded by the Royal Norwegian Embassy, 12-13 May, 2014, Kigali, Rwanda.
- Presented a paper at International Conference on the Great Lakes Region on Human Security and Resettlement of Internally Displaced Persons in Post-Conflict Greater Northern Uganda: Examining the Emerging Threats to Sustainable Peace, Stability and Security, 21-22 March 2013 ,Kigali, Rwanda
- Presented a paper at The World Conference of Humanitarian Studies 2009 4-7th February 2009 on “The Humanitarian Crises and the Challenges of Resettling the Internally Displaced People in Northern Uganda’ in Groningen, The Netherlands.
MEMBERSHIP TO PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Governance of Extractive Industries,(GOXI);
- International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA),
- International Studies Association (ISA);
- Council for the Development of Social Science in Africa (CODESRIA);
- Organization for the Social Science Research in East and Central Africa (OSREA).
Prof. Frank Vanclay
Head, Department of Cultural Geography
Faculty of Spatial Sciences, University of Groningen
PO Box 800, 9700 AV Groningen, THE NETHERLANDS
Office Phone: +31-50 363 8657
Prof. Pamela K. Mbabazi
Institute for Peace and Security Studies,
Mobile: +256-772 490676
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com
|Last modified:||03 September 2018 10.29 a.m.|