S. Sabooni, PhD
Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, 2015 (Exchange research: Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong , 2014).
M.Sc., Materials Science and Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, 2011.
B.Sc., Materials Science and Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, 2009.
Skills and professional activities
- Hands-on experience in material characterization techniques: XRD, OM, SEM, EBSD, TEM, EPMA, FIB, AFM, Confocal Microscopy, Advanced Polishing Techniques (Ion Polishing, Vibrational Polishing), DTA/DSC
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in Mechanical testing: Nanoindentation, Tensile, Compression, Bending, Fatigue, Creep, Microhardness, Scratch test, Tribology tests, In-situ Mechanical testing.
- Lecturer, “Surface Engineering and Coating Technology (graduate course)”, University of Groningen, (2017-present)
- Supervision of Bachelor's and Master's students in the Industrial Engineering and Management (IEM) program, University of Groningen, (2017-Now)
- Lecturer “Advanced Welding Techniques (graduate course)”, Daneshpajoohan Higher Education Institute, Iran, (2015-2016).
- Relevant knowledge of testing standards in materials science and mechanical engineering
- Materials selection for industrial applications (metals, ceramics)
- Professional Computer/Statistical Software: X-pert, Minitab, MATLAB, Image J, sigma plot, Origin.
- Self-motivated, independent researcher/engineer, positive team member
- Experience in grants writing for scientific and industrial projects
- Best oral presentation award in 4th European conference on Materials, Mechatronics and Manufacturing (Athens, Greece, 2020).
- Outstanding research awarded grant (15000 $) by Iran’s National Elites Foundation for postdoctoral research.
- Awarded as the first GPA among the 40 students in the education of M.Sc. program, Isfahan University of Technology, 2009.
- Awarded as the first GPA among the 80 students in the education of B.Sc. program, Isfahan University of Technology, 2009.
More than 25 publications in recognized engineering peer review journals such as (Materials & Design, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Materials Characterizations, Materials Science and Engineering A, Surface and Coatings Technology, Science and Technology of Welding and Joining) with h-index of 9 based on google scholar.
|Last modified:||14 May 2020 11.14 a.m.|