N. Duran, MSc
Name: Nicolás Durán
Address: Friesestraatweg 276, 9718NS Groningen
Date of birth: 30 November 1982
E-mail address: email@example.com
Regional and urban economics, spatial econometrics: my current research deals with questions such as why and how prices in the housing market affect each other, even if at distant locations.
2013 - 2015 Research Master in economics and business │ University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Awarded with an Erasmus Scholarship for Latin-American students.
Master research thesis: Spatial effects in the housing market: a theorical approach.
2010 - 2011 Postgraduate specialization: Finance│ University of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay
Scholarship provided by the Faculty of Economics of the University of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay, awarded for writing one of the top 5 best bachelor thesis of the faculty in 2009.
Relevant courses: Corporate finance, derivatives and financial instruments, banking economics, macroeconomics.
2002 - 2009 Bachelor in Economics │ University of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay
Relevant courses: Macroeconomics, microeconomics, econometrics mathematical economics. Specialization: Microeconomics.
Bachelor thesis: Hyperbolic discounting among Uruguayan consumers: The arriving at the end of the month effect. (Awarded with a top 5 thesis of the year mention). Published in the Magazine of Economics and Business of University of Montevideo (see publications above).
2015-2016 Statistics I for EB&E
2015-2016 Mathematics and Data Analysis for EB&E
2012-2013 Introduction to Industrial Organization (Lecturer) │ Catholic University of Uruguay
2011-2013 Adviser to the National Director of Housing │ Uruguay’s Secretary of Housing, Environment, and Land Ordering. National Housing Directory. Public Sector.
- Design housing policies: particularly with respect to the necessary conditions people should comply with, in order to access affordable housing solution plans.
- Provide working solutions to financial issues for housing cooperatives financed by the secretary.
- Elaborate evidence backed reports on the relevance, execution, and evaluation for several housing programs.
- Critically assess the mechanisms by which the construction industry costs index was being calculated by the National Statistics Institute.
- Gather data on housing prices from the General Registries Direction with intentions to elaborate a hedonic housing price index for Uruguay.
2010-2011 Principal analyst for convenience stores on gas stations project │ DUCSA. New businesses unit. Gas and oil distribution industry.
- Define pricing and product assortment for new convenience stores in ANCAP gas stations.
- Propose financially resilient commercial promotions for customers for both, the gas station and the convenience store products.
- Provide support for commercial executives in negotiations with products providers.
- Advice on virtually anything related to the project: from the ground layout of the stores to the colors and logo designs.
2008-2010 Financial advisor and assistant economist to the fund manager │ SUPRAINVEST. Allied funds division. Financial and insurance brokerage. Offshore financial industry.
- Design investment strategies for three funds with investment in other funds objectives for retirement plans purposes. Assist with the execution of said strategies.
- Elaborate reports on performance of the funds, markets conditions, and markets outlook.
- Advice on possible new investment strategies to be applied.
- Give support to executives with financial advice for their clients.
2006-2008 Industry Analyst │ The Nielsen Company. Retail market analysis unit. Consumption goods information industry.
- Elaborate reports on performance of brands and individual products in the retail market.
- Present results to retail stores executives as well as to brand managers and executives at companies such as Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Colgate, and many others.
- Provide advice to retail store managers on the business strategy to follow based on market information.
|Last modified:||01 October 2016 1.43 p.m.|