prof. dr. K. Barta
Since 2013, Katalin Barta is tenure track Assistant professor at Stratingh Institute of the University of Groningen.
Previously, she carried out master’s research in the area “Alternative solvents in catalysis” at ELTE Budapest, Hungary (with Prof. István T. Horváth), and at Leeds University. She earned her Ph.D. in 2008 at RWTH-Aachen, Germany (with Prof. Walter Leitner) in homogeneous catalysis and ligand design. She was then a postdoctoral researcher (2008-2010) with Prof. Peter Ford at University of California, Santa Barbara in the conversion of renewable resources with homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysts. After, she was Associate Research Scientist (2010-2012) at Yale University, Center for Green Chemistry.
She is the Secretary and Dutch representative of the EuChemSoc division in Green Chemistry. Member of the EU and national networks “SuBiCat ITN” European network on lignin valorization; “CatchBio” National network on valorization of renewables and was Associated member of “CenSURF” at UCSB.
-T. Yan, B. L. Feringa, K. Barta*, "Benzylamines via Iron-Catalyzed Direct Amination of Benzyl Alcohols", ACS Catal, 2016, just accepted, DOI/10.1021/acscatal.5b02160
-C. M. Bernt, G. Bottari, J. A. Barrett, S. L. Scott, K. Barta, P. C. Ford, “Mapping reactivities of aromatic models with a lignin disassembly catalyst. Steps toward controlling product selectivity“ Catal. Sci. Technol., 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C5CY01555C
-M. Scott, P. J. Deuss, J. G. de Vries, M. H. G. Prechtl*, K. Barta* “New insights into the catalytic cleavage of the lignin ß-O-4 linkage in multifunctional ionic liquid media” Catalysis Science and Technology 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C5CY01554E.
- N. Anand, Ch. R. Kumar, C. Cannilla, G. Bonura, F. Frusteri, H. J. Heeres*, K. Barta* "Efficient Catalytic Hydrotreatment of Kraft Lignin to Alkylphenolics using Supported NiW and NiMo Catalysts in Supercritical Methanol", Green Chemistry, 2015, just accepted in special issue "Lignin"
-Ch. R. Kumar, N. Anand, A. Kloekhorst, C. Cannilla, G. Bonura, F. Frusteri, K. Barta*, H. J. Heeres* “Solvent Free Depolymerization of Kraft Lignin to Alkyl-phenolics using Supported NiMo and CoMo Catalysts“, Green Chemistry, 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C5GC01641J
-Z. Sun, G. Bottari, K. Barta*, "Supercritical methanol as solvent and carbon source in the catalytic conversion of 1,2-diaminobenzenes and 2-nitroanilines to benzimidazoles" Green Chemistry, 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C5GC01040C
-P. J. Deuss, M. Scott, F. Tran, N. J. Westwood, J. G de Vries* and K. Barta*, Aromatic monomers by in situ conversion of reactive intermediates in the acid catalyzed depolymerization of lignin. J. Am.Chem.Soc, 2015, 137 (23), 7456–7467.
-G. Bottari, K. Barta*, Lactic acid and hydrogen from glycerol via acceptorless dehydrogenation using homogeneous catalysts, Recyclable Catalysis, 2015, just accepted
- G. Bottari, A. J. Kumalaputri, K. K. Krawczyk, B. L. Feringa, H. J. Heeres, K. Barta * "Copper-Zinc alloy nanopowder: a robust precious-metal free catalyst for the conversion of 5-hydroxymethylfurfural" ChemSusChem, 2015 - in press
- W.Yin, R.H. Wenderbosch, G. Bottari, K.K. Krawzcyk, K. Barta*, H.J. Heeres* Catalytic upgrading of sugar fractions from pyrolysis oils in supercritical mono-alcohols over Cu doped porous metal oxide. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2015, 166, 56-65.
- T. Yan, B.L. Feringa,* K. Barta * Iron catalysed direct alkylation of amines with alcohols. Nature Comm., 2014, 5, doi: 0.1038/ncomms6602.
- K. Barta*, P.C. Ford* Catalytic conversion of nonfood woody biomass solids to organic liquids. Accounts of Chemical Research, 2014, 47(5), 1503-1512.
- A.J. Kumalaputri, G. Bottari, P.M. Erne, H.J. Heeres*, K. Barta* Tunable and Selective Conversion of 5-HMF to 2, 5-Furandimethanol and 2, 5-Dimethylfuran over Copper-Doped porous Metal Oxides. ChemSusChem, 2014, 7, 2266-2275.
- P.J. Deuss, K. Barta*, J.G. de Vries* Homogeneous catalysis for the conversion of biomass and biomass-derived platform chemicals. Catalysis Science & Technology, 2014, 4, 1174-1196. Inside Cover.
- K. Barta, G.R. Warner, E.S. Beach, P.T. Anastas*, Depolymerization of organosolv lignin to aromatic compounds over Cu-doped porous metal oxides. Green Chemistry, 2014, 16, 191-196
- G. R. Warner, T.S. Hansen, A. Riisager, E.S. Beach, K. Barta, P.T. Anastas* Depolymerization of organosolv lignin using doped porous metal oxides in supercritical methanol. Bioresource technology, 2014, 161, 78-83.
- T.S. Hansen, K. Barta*, P.C. Ford, P.T. Anastas, A. Riisager.* One-pot reduction of 5-hydroxymethylfurfural via hydrogen transfer from supercritical methanol, Green Chemistry, 2012, 14, 2457-2461.
-T.D. Matson, K.Barta, A.V. Iretskii, P.C. Ford.* One-Pot catalytic conversion of cellulose and of woody biomass solids to liquid fuels, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133 (35), 14090–14097.
- K. Barta, T.D. Matson, M.L. Fettig, S.L. Scott, A.V. Iretskii, P.C. Ford.* Catalytic disassembly of an organosolv lignin via hydrogen transfer from supercritical methanol, Green Chemistry 2010, 12, 1640-1647.-K. Barta, M. Hoelscher, G. Francio, W. Leitner.* Modular Synthesis of Novel Chiral Phosphorous Triamides Based on (S)-N-(Pyrrolidin-2-ylmethyl)aniline and Their Application in Asymmetric Catalysis, European Journal of Organic Chemistry 2009, 24, 4102-4116.
- K. Barta, M. Eggenstein, M. Hoelscher, G. Francio, W. Leitner.* 1,1’-Binaphthyl-2,2’-diamine-Based Chiral Phosphorous Triamides: Synthesis and Application in Asymmetric Catalysis, European Journal of Organic Chemistry 2009, 35, 6198-6204.
- K. Barta, G. Francio, W. Leitner*,G.C. Lloyd-Jones*, I.R. Shepperson, A New Class of 3’-Sulfonyl BINAPHOS Ligands: Modulation of Activity and Selectivity in Asymmetric Palladium-Catalysed Hydrophosphorylation of Styrene, Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis 2008, 350 (13), 2010-2023.
-Szilard Csihony, Laszlo T. Mika, Gabor Vlad, Katalin Barta, Christian P. Mehnert, Istvan T. Horváth.* Oxidative Carbonylation of Methanol to Dimethyl Carbonate by Chlorine-Free Homogenous and Immobilized 2,2´-Bipyrimidine Modified Copper Catalysis, Collection of Czechoslovak Chemical Communications 2007, 72 (8), 1094-1106.
- A. Almassy, K. Barta, G. Francio, R. Sebesta, W. Leitner.* S. Toma*, Ferrocenophane based ligands for stereoselective Rh-catalyzed hydrogenation and Cu-catalyzed Michael addition, Tetrahedron: Asymmetry 2007, 18(16), 1893-1898.
|Last modified:||24 February 2016 11.36 a.m.|