dr. J.A.C. (Johan) Kolsteeg
The theory of organisation and communication in the arts.
Cultural and creative entrepreneurship.
My research interests are organisation theory in culture, cultural leadership, communication about art in relation to consumer culture theory.
In 2019, Kolsteeg is involved in the project Performing Sustainability, supported by the DAAD with funds from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), working with West African PhDs and staff members on the topic of cultural entrepreneurship.
Also in 2019, Kolsteeg initiated a research project in cooperation with the province of Drenthe and local cultural organisations to develop a method for evaluation of cultural productions for special target groups. Publication is expected in 2020.
With Quirijn Lennert van den Hoogen (Groningen University), Kolsteeg is researching the conceptualization and operationalization of the notion of regional identity in the northern Netherlands cultural policy. The first results have been published in Ruimte. De Noordelijke Regio en het Cultuurbeleid (in Dutch).
- Kolsteeg, J., 15-Oct-2018
Research output: Other contribution › Popular
- Kolsteeg, J., Mar-2017, ReThinking Management: Perspectives and Impacts of Cuiltural Turns and Beyond. Küpers, W., Sonnenburg, S. & Zierold, M. (eds.). Springer VS, 15 p. (Management - Culture - Interpretation).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter › Academic
- Kolsteeg, J. & Smulders, F., 2014, Design Management in an Era of Disruption: Proceedings of the 19th DMI: Academic Design Management Conference. Bohemia, E., Rieple, A., Liedtka, J. & Cooper, R. (eds.). Boston: DMI, p. 1527-1543 18 p.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution › Academic › peer-review
- Johan Kolsteeg (Speaker)9-Dec-2019
Activity: Talk or presentation › Academic
- Johan Kolsteeg (Invited speaker)24-Sep-2019
Activity: Participating in or organising an event › Participation in conference › Academic