dr. G.J. Hoetjes, MSc
-2019-until now: Lecturer in Middle East Studies, University of Groningen
- 2018-2019: Teaching Fellow in Middle East Politics, Durham University
- 2016-2017: Postgraduate Teaching Assistant, University of Exeter
- 2015-2020: PhD in Middle East Politics, University of Exeter (passed without corrections)
- 2010-2011: Master of Arts in Gulf-studies, University of Exeter (distinction)
- 2007-2009: Master of Science in Political Science, University of Amsterdam
- 2004-2007: Bachelor of Science in Political Science, University of Amsterdam
2019: Associate Fellow of The Higher Education Academy
2016: Learning and Teaching in Higher Education 2 (University of Exeter)
2016: Learning and Teaching in Higher Education 1 (University of Exeter)
Conducted several interviews to international and national media outlets for TV, radio and printed press (including BBC, Sky News, VPRO Buitenland, Nederlands Dagblad)
Hoetjes, Gertjan (2020). 'Oman: Food Security in Times of Uncertainty.' Gulf Insights 32. (Doha: Gulf Studies Center, June 2020).
Hoetjes, Gertjan (ed.) (2019). The Gulf Monarchies and the Challenges of a Region in Flux. (Durham, UK: HH Sheikh Nasser Mohammad al-Sabah Publication Series 29, November 2019).
Hoetjes, Gertjan (2018). ‘Salafisme in Koeweit: van de slag in Jahra tot de financiering van de Utrechtse Al Fitrah Moskee,’ ZemZem 14, no.2 (2018): pp. 68-77.
Hoetjes, Gertjan (2016). 'Iran-GCC relations: the case of Oman' in The GCC and Iran: Prospects for Change? Edited by Maaike Warnaar, Luciano Zaccara and Paul Aarts. (London: Gerlach Press, 2016).
Country Expert Variety of Democracy Report
|Last modified:||18 June 2021 3.52 p.m.|