dr. E.P.W.A. (Ellen) Jansen
Associate Professor Teacher Education
- van Katwijk, L., Berry, A., Jansen, E., & van Veen, K. (2019). “It's important, but I'm not going to keep doing it!”: Perceived purposes, learning outcomes, and value of pre-service teacher research among educators and pre-service teachers. Teaching and Teacher Education, 86, . https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2019.06.022
- Katwijk, van, L., Jansen, E., & Veen, van, K. (2019). Between wish and reality: Development of an inquiry stance in pre-service teacher education. Paper presented at Higher Education Conference 2019, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- van Rooij, E., Fokkens-Bruinsma, M., Jansen, E., & van der Meer, Y. (2019). A comparison between employed PhD students and PhD scholarship students: Results from two cohorts. Rijksuniversiteit Groningen. https://myuniversity.rug.nl/infonet/medewerkers/organisatie/graduate-schools/documenten/promotieonderwijs/phd-survey-2018-comparison-results-first-year-phd-students.pdf
- Kisaka, L. G., Jansen, E. P. W. A., & Hofman, A. W. H. (2019). Workforce diversity in Kenyan public universities: an analysis of workforce representativeness and heterogeneity by employee gender and ethnic group. Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, 41(1), 35-51. https://doi.org/10.1080/1360080X.2018.1545523
- Brouwer, J., Jansen, E., Severiens, S., & Meeuwisse, M. (2019). Interaction and belongingness in two student-centered learning environments. International Journal of Educational Research, 97, 119-130. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijer.2019.07.006
- Katwijk, van, L., Jansen, E., & Veen, van, K. (2019). No friction, no shine! Pre-service teacher research in implemented and attained curriculum of teacher education. Paper presented at EARLI 2019, Aachen, Germany.
- Katwijk, van, L., Jansen, E., & Veen, van, K. (2019). Ontwikkeling onderzoekend vermogen in lerarenopleidingen voor basisonderwijs. Paper presented at VELON 2019, Breda, .
- van Rooij, E. C. M., Jansen, E. P. W. A., & van de Grift, W. J. C. M. (2018). Correction to: First-year university students' academic success: the importance of academic adjustment (vol 33, pg 749, 2018). European Journal of Psychology of Education, 33(4), 769-769. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10212-017-0364-7
- van Katwijk, L., Jansen, E., & van Veen, K. (2018). Pre-service teacher research; leading to curious and future proof teachers!?. Paper presented at EARLI SIG 11 Conference 2018, Kristiansand, Norway.
- van Rooij, E., & Jansen, E. (2018). “Our job is to deliver a good secondary school student, not a good university student.” Secondary school teachers’ beliefs and practices regarding university preparation. International Journal of Educational Research, 88, 9-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijer.2018.01.005
- Zander, L., Brouwer, J., Jansen, E., Crayen, C., & Hannover, B. (2018). Academic self-efficacy, growth mindsets, and university students' integration in academic and social support networks. Learning and Individual Differences, 62, 98-107. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lindif.2018.01.012
- Brouwer, J., Jansen, E., Flache, A., & Hofman, A. (2018). Longitudinal Peer Network Data in Higher Education. In J. Huisman, & M. Tight (Eds.), Theory and Method in Higher Education Research (Vol. 4, pp. 145-162). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- van Rooij, E., Fokkens-Bruinsma, M., & Jansen, E. (2017). First-year PhD students: A comparison between employed PhD students and PhD scholarship students: Preliminary results from the PhD survey 2017. https://myuniversity.rug.nl/infonet/medewerkers/organisatie/graduate-schools/documenten/promotieonderwijs/phd-survey-2017-summary-results-first-year-phd-students.pdf
- Brouwer, J., Jansen, E., Hofman, W., & Flache, A. (2017). Cognitive, affective, and behavioral engagement in small-scale teaching. Paper presented at EARLI 2017, Tampere, Finland.
- Brouwer, J., Flache, A., Jansen, E., & Hofman, W. (2017). Het opbouwen van sociaal kapitaal binnen leergemeenschappen. Paper presented at Onderwijs Research Dagen 2017, Antwerp, Belgium.
- Fokkens-Bruinsma, M., Jansen, E., van Rooij, E., & Canrinus, E. T. (2017). ‘I love to teach them about my subject’: Starting preservice-teachers motives to teach: Starting preservice-teachers motives to teach. Paper presented at EARLI 2017, Tampere, Finland.
- Jansen, E., Suhre, C., & André, S. (2017). Transition to an international degree programme: Preparedness, first-year experiences and study success of students from different nationalities. In E. Kyndt, V. Donche, K. Trigwell, & S. Lindblom-Ylänne (Eds.), Higher education transitions: Theory and research (New perspectives on learning and instruction). Routledge.
- Fokkens-Bruinsma, M., & Jansen, E. (2016). 'I simply love my subject… ' Matching preservice teachers to the teacher education programme by examining their motives to teach. Paper presented at Bringing teacher education forward, Oslo, Norway.
- Brouwer, J., Jansen, E., & Fokkens-Bruinsma, M. (2016). International students’ development of emotions, social and academic integration, and self-efficacy during the first year. Paper presented at EARLI-SIG International Higher Education Conference 2016, Amsterdam, Netherlands.