prof. dr. D.M. Swagerman
Name : D.M. Swagerman (Dirk)
Address : Berkenlaan 5 1213 SR Hilversum-NL
Phone. : 035 6218720
Fax. : 084 8336843
Mobile : 06-26018513
E-mail : d.swagerman worldonline.nl
Date of birth : 7 June 1949 te Amsterdam
- Part-time professor in Controlling for 12 hours a week at the University of Groningen;
- Independent management consultant specialised in the organization and structure of the financial function.
Work experience:From November 2002 holder of the Controlling chair at the faculty of Economics and Business, which includes the capita selecta in the fields of Management Accounting and Control, Financial Accounting, Management Information Science, Financial Management, and the mutual relations among these areas. Also professor-director of the Executive Master of Finance & Control.
1997 - now : independent management consultant under the name ofD.M. Swagerman Advies BV;1991 - 2004: associated with Deloitte & Touche;
1993 – 1997: Deloitte & Touche management consultants BV;
partner in charge of financial management and international practical field;
1991 – 1993: Deloitte & Touche Corporate Finance BV;
director Financial Consultancy.
1993 - 2003 : part-time University of Twente:
Faculty of Technology & Management, Technical Business Science,
department of Financial Management and Business Economics,
department of Management Information Science.
1999 - 2002 : Eurac/Erasmus University of Rotterdam:
lecturer Financial Management and Treasury Management at the Executive Master of Finance & Control.
1986 - 1991 : KPMG in Amsterdam:
partner Financial Management consultancy group.
1983 - 1986 : Price Waterhouse in The Hague:
manager management consulting.
1981 - 1983 : NV Koninklijke Bijenkorf Beheer KBB in Amsterdam:
1978 - 1981 : Twijnstra Gudde in Deventer
1975 - 1977 : Moret & Limperg in Amsterdam
1995 - 2000 : Universiteit Twente:
Doctoral thesis (‘dr’) at the Faculty of Technology & Management.
1998 : SIOO: Master of Change Management (‘MCM’).
1991 - 1992 : University Delft:
Chartered Engineer Telecommunication/
Master of Business Telecommunication (‘MBT’).
1989 : Stanford University:
Senior Executive Programme (‘SEP 89’).
1981 - 1983 : SIOO: Post-master course Organisational Science (‘SIOO 39’)
1977 - 1978 : Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA:
Graduate Business School; Master of Business Administration (‘MBA’).
1969 - 1975 : University of Amsterdam:
Graduation thesis in General Political and Social Science; subject: Managemetn Science (‘drs’: Msc).
1969 - 1971 : State exam HBS-a
1967 - 1969 : HAVO (secondary education)
1963 - 1967 : LTS-electro-technics (vocational training)
Further:Various courses in the financial-organisational field, among which: IMD strategic Finance (2008), Strategy and Organization Programme, Stanford University (2006); PAO Judicial Expert at the University of Leiden (2005-2006), Micro-economic Policy, Brandeis University (2005); Managing Shareholders Value Programme, Northwestern University (2004); Executive Programme, Carnegie Mellon University (2000); Financial Management Programme, Stanford University (1999); post-HBO EDP-auditing (1992); Senior Bankers Programme, Manchester Business School (1988). Various professional and academic publication in distinguished fields. Member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Business and Finance Research (IJBFR)
- Order of Organization Advisors (‘OOA’);
- Certified Management Consultant (‘CMC’);
- Koninklijk Instituut van Ingenieurs (‘KIvI’) (Royal Institute of Engineers);
- Vereniging van Bestuurskunde (‘VvB’) (Association of Management Science;
- Fellow of the SOM research school at the University of Groningen
- Member of the Board of Commissioners of the housing corporation ‘Far West’ in Amsterdam
- Member of the visitation commission of Raeflex; member of the visitation commission of pension fund Nedlloyd
- Chairman of the Blarickhof Association (‘fund health care’);
- Member of the general direction of the Water Board of AGV;
- Former member of Board of Commissioners of Ichthus Holding BV in Rotterdam as well as of the Board of Supervisors Ichthus;
- Former member Board of Commissioners of Esprit: analysis and training;
- Member of the VVD-party committee ‘Wetenschap en Technologiebeleid’ (Science and Technology policies);
- Referee (‘general list’) at the Dutch ‘Arbitrage Instituut’ (Referee Institute);
- E nlisted at the Judicial Experts register;
- Poll-taker for the Court of Justice in Amsterdam;
- Observer at the polls;
- Hobbies: philosophy, classical music.
Hilversum , Maart 2009
|Last modified:||28 August 2017 07.35 a.m.|