D.M. Noonan, MA
Name: Donna Noonan
Address: van Royenlaan 32b, 9721 ER, Groningen
Date of birth: 12 December 1990 Telephone: +31 682 474716
Email: email@example.com LinkedIn: Donna’s profile
I am a motivated individual who is dedicated to working in higher education. Accustomed to working in a fast paced environment, I am experienced in completing tasks efficiently and on time: both individually and as part of a dynamic team. Having worked with diverse groups of people both in Ireland and abroad, I have developed excellent intercultural communication skills. Experience in the higher education sector has provided me with the requisite skills to successfully recruit students for programmes at Campus Fryslân.
April 2017- present: Student Assistant | Campus Fryslân (16 hours a week)
- ⇒ Creating, writing and editing text for the Toets Nieuwe Opleiding document for the
- GRL bachelor programme.
- ⇒ Advising on the internationalisation vision for Campus Fryslân.
- February 2017- April 2017: Language and Cultural Policy Expert (internship) | Campus Fryslân (32 hours a week)
- ⇒ Developed two language and culture courses for the GRL programme.
- ⇒ Actively gave input on language and culture policy at Campus Fryslân as part of January 2016- June 2016: Student Services Advisor | Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA), Butler University, Ireland (39 hours a week)
- the GRL development team.
- ⇒ Provided comprehensive pastoral and academic support to IFSA Butler students.
- ⇒ Liaised with both local and overseas staff to resolve student issues.
- ⇒ Represented IFSA Butler as part of a national delegation to US universities.
- September 2014- December 2015: Programme Assistant | Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA), Butler University, Ireland (39 hours a week)
- ⇒ Efficiently organised and co-ordinated IFSA Butler student orientations and events.
- ⇒ Developed marketing material for IFSA Butler Ireland programmes.
- ⇒ Created promotional social media campaigns.
- September- June 2010-2011/2012-2013: Student Assistant | International Education Office, University College Cork (UCC), Ireland (8 hours a week)
- ⇒ Developed and presented a Welcome Programme for incoming international students (ca. 600 per semester).
- ⇒ Co-ordinated UCC Peer Support Leaders who provided support to international students during their time in Ireland.
- ⇒ Drafted bi-annual reports and financial plans.
Relevant Work Experience
May 2013-2016: Pieta House | Darkness into Light steward
September 2013- February 2014: Language teacher | Inklusive Schule an der Maurine, Schönberg, Germany
September 2012- September 2014: PleaseTalk volunteer
September 2012-June 2013: Secondary School Liaison | UCC
September 2012- March 2013: Mentor Certificate in Contemporary Living | UCC September 2011-June 2012: Language teacher | Casa das Linguas, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
September 2016-present: MA Multilingualism | University of Groningen/ Campus Fryslân ⇒ MA Linguistics Programme Committee member
September 2009- June 2013: BA Language and Cultural Studies Spanish (minor in German) | University College Cork, Ireland. Grade: First Class Honours (1:1)
- ⇒ Vice-President | International Students Society, UCC
- ⇒ Final Year Representative | Hispanic Society
- ⇒ Student Faculty Representative | German Department
- ⇒ Student Leadership Award recipient
- ⇒ Peer Support Leader
- ⇒ Erasmus 2011-2012 | University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain English: Native German/ Spanish: C2 Irish: C1 French: B2 Galician: B2/B1 Dutch: A2/B1
- ⇒ June 2016: International Council for International Students Diverse Voices
- intercultural competency training
- ⇒ February 2016: Self-harm assistance training
- ⇒ November 2015: ASIST suicide first-aid training
- ⇒ October 2015: SafeT alk suicide helper training
- ⇒ October 2014: Dublin Rape Crisis Centre sexual assault training
- To combat the pressures of work and study, I actively engage in sport. I am an avid swimmer, yogi and a Zumba lover. When at home in Ireland, I regularly go hiking up one of our beautiful mountains. I am a keen reader, traveller and chef. I am a mental health advocate and regularly volunteer for mental health organisations.
|Last modified:||01 August 2017 07.59 a.m.|