A.S. Maass, PhD
Current Research Projects:
- 2018-2022: COST Action "EU Foreign Policy Facing New Realities: Perceptions, Contestation, Communication and Relations": https://e-services.cost.eu/action/CA17119/overview/ (Research consortium, Special Investigator: Professor Michèle Knodt, University of Darmstadt)
- strengths and limitations of Normative Power Europe in Georgia and Armenia (book chapter)
- EU state-building and actorness in Ukraine (special issue)
- conceptualising Russia's and the West's power in the case of Kaliningrad (special issue)
- EU-Russia relations and the 'shared neighbourhood' before and after Crimea's annexation (book chapter)
- EU foreign policy towards Ukraine: 2004 vs 2013 (article)
Previous Research Projects:
My previous research projects focused on examining diplomatic relations between the European Union and Russia between 1999 and 2015. The analysis of the reasons for the deterioration of this relationship is at the core of my monograph. In addition to research on EU-Russia relations, I also analyse EU external relations with Ukraine, Georgia and Armenia.
Maass, A.-S. (2019). The limits of the EU’s normative power in Georgia and Armenia. In (Neuman, M. ed.). Democracy Promotion and the Normative Power Europe Framework – The European Union in South Eastern Europe, Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Springer International Publishing.
Maass, A.-S. (2018). EU financial instruments and the European Neighbourhood Policy. Published in Schumacher, T., Marchetti, A. & Demmelhuber, T. (eds). The Routledge Handbook on the European Neighbourhood Policy. London and New York: Routledge.
Maass, A.-S. (2017). EU-Russia Relations, 1999-2015. From Courtship to Confrontation. Routledge Contemporary Russia and Eastern Europe Series. London and New York: Routledge.
Maass, A.-S. (2012). Overcoming the ‘Chechnya irritant’ in EU-Russia relations. Published in Kimunguyi, P. & Kimunguyi- Polonska, E. (eds.) Transitions revisited. Central and Eastern Europe twenty years after the Soviet Union. Warsaw: Scholar.
|Laatst gewijzigd:||29 augustus 2018 13:49|