prof. dr. A.G.J. Buma
Short curriculum Vitae Anita G.J.Buma
Nationality, personal status: Dutch, married, two children
Department of Ocean Ecosystems
Energy and Sustainability Research Institute, Linnaeusborg
Nijenborgh 7, 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
January 2012-now: Group head Department Ocean ecosystems
September 2007-now: Adjunct Hoogleraar Department of Ocean Ecosystems (Associate Professor).
September 2005 – September 2007: Assistant professor Department of Ocean Ecosystems.
July 2002 – July 2003: Guest scientist at the Australian Antarctic Division, Kingston, Tasmania, Australia.
- January 2002 – August 2005 : Assistant professor RUG (funded by MEERVOUD Program NWO from Jan. 2002 – Jan. 2006).
- June 1995 – June 2001 : Post-doc researcher: Effects of UVBR on Antarctic phytoplankton. RuG, The Netherlands (funded by Dutch Antarctic Program, NWO),
- June 1992 - June 1995 : Post-doc researcher: Effects of increased UVBR on phytoplankton. RuG, The Netherlands (funded by Dutch National Research Program on Global Air Pollution and Climate Change),
- July 1991 and Jan-May 1992 : Research assistant: Phytoplankton monitoring in the North Sea. (funded by TRIPOS, The Netherlands),
- November - December. 1991 : Researcher: Characterization and description of several Antarctic Cryptophyceae and Prymnesiophyceae. Institut for Sporeplanter, Kopenhagen, Denmark (stipendium European Science Foundation)
- November. 1986 - November 1990 : Ph. D. researcher at Netherlands Institute for Sea Research. Title dissertation (RuG, March 1992): Factors controlling phytoplankton growth and species composition in Antarctic waters. Promotor: Prof. C. v.d. Hoek; referees: Dr. W.W.C. Gieskes, Dr. Ir. H.J.W. de Baar. Project funded by Dutch Committee for Antarctic Research .
- December. 1985 - November 1986 : Researcher: water quality control in fresh water and marine water systems, carried out at the Noorder Dierenpark Zoo, Emmen, The Netherlands
- April 1985 - December 1985 : Research assistant: Study of phytoplankton - zooplankton relationships in Arctic waters. Alfred Wegener Institut fur Polar und Meeresforschung, Bremerhaven, Germany.
- October 1984 - January 1985 : Research assistant: study of food supply for the common mussel (Mytilus edulis) in the Oosterscheldt Estuary. Deltadienst Middelburg, Rijkswaterstaat, The Netherlands.
Longer term academic activities:
· 2011- now: member Scientific Steering Committee Rothera Station research facilities.
· 2010 - now: member daily board ESRIG
· 2009 - 2012: member board WBPI
· 2010 - now: member Dutch National Committee Polar Research (CPO)
· 2005-2009 : member Dutch SCOR (Scientific Committee on Oceanic Researchof ICSU) committee
· 2005-2010 : member Dutch SCAR (Scientific Committe on Antarctic Research) committee
· 2006-2012 : member scientific advisory committee Dallman Antarctic Research Station (Dutch representative for this German/Argentina/Dutch station)
· 2004 - now: editorial board Journal of Sea Research
|Laatst gewijzigd:||17 mei 2017 22:07|