Professor of Applied Physics in Organic Semiconductors
Faculty of Science and Engineering
Vacancy number AT209220
The Faculty of Science and Engineering of the University of Groningen has a vacancy for a full professor in applied physics, Chair: Physics of Organic Semiconductors). The faculty offers Bachelor, Master and Ph.D. programmes over the entire range of natural sciences. The research in the faculty is organized in research institutes.The vacancy exists within the research institute Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials, which unites around 20 research groups in physics and chemistry. The Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials is one of six recognized National Centres of Excellence in The Netherlands. Its mission is design and functionality of novel materials, with a focus on understanding and control at the microscopic level. The Institute thrives on a strong interdisciplinary nature of its research programme and frequent collaborations between its various groups. The main areas of interest are: Biomolecular materials and functions; Complex materials; Organic electronics.
The position: Job description
Successful candidates will be highly qualified in the field of physics of organic semiconductors, spanning the range from bulk materials to the single-molecule level, with a focus on the development of new molecular materials and architectures for (opto)electronic devices and the understanding of their properties . The candidate is expected to and build up an internationally leading research group in an area that is of direct interest to the Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials. The candidate is an excellent teacher who can motivate students of different disciplines and is expected to teach at both the bachelor and master level within the School of Natural Sciences and Technology and to contribute to the topmaster programme Nanoscience of the Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials. Organisational and management duties within the institute belong to the tasks.
The candidate should:
- Be an enthusiastic, outstanding scientist, experienced in the field.
- Have expertise to build an active research group in the area of physics of organic semiconductors
- Have excellent organisational and teaching skills, a strong publication record and be internationally recognized, with publications in leading journals.
- Be fluent in English and have a good knowledge of Dutch, or be willing to learn this language within a time frame of two years.
- Have the proven ability and interest to interact fruitfully with other groups and feel a close affinity to the Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials research programme.
- Have experience in the acquisition of research funds
University of Groningen
Founded in 1614. One of the best universities in Europe and the world. A wide variety of disciplines. Internationally oriented. Rooted in the North of the Netherlands. Socially active. Our researchers and lecturers are inspired academics. Ambitious students. We respect the differences in talent, ambitions and performance of the 25.000 students and members of staff.
The university provides a career advisory service for partners of new staff who move to Groningen.
The university is an equal opportunities employer. Because women are still underrepresented in a number of fields, they are particularly encouraged to apply.
Conditions of employment:
The University of Groningen offers a salary dependent on qualifications and work experience as professor, with a salary accordingly ranging from € 4.904 up to a maximum of € 7142 (CAO-NU Full Professor 2) gross per month for a full-time position.
Further information can be obtained from Prof. Dr. T.T.M. Palstra, chairman of the search committee, phone: +31-50-3639631, e-mail: t.t.m.palstra @rug.nl
The Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials can be visited at www.rug.nl/research/zernike.
Interested candidates are requested to:
- submit a letter of motivation
- a complete curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications;
- a list of five self-selected “best papers” (not copies of the papers);
- a concise statement of research accomplishments
- a concise statement of future research goals;
- a list of names, addresses (including e-mail) and telephone numbers of three persons who can be contacted for a letter of recommendation.
Review of applications will begin August 1st, 2009, and will continue until the position is filled. You can apply for this job by sending your application to:
University of Groningen
Personnel and Organization Office
P.O. Box 72
9700 AB Groningen
E-mail address: email@example.com
You are kindly requested to send a copy in Word or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org (Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials)
When applying for this job always mention the vacancy number AT209220.
|Last modified:||29 May 2019 2.07 p.m.|