Welcome to the International Workshop
"TOP-SPIN 2: Spin and Topological phenomena in nanostructures"
Groningen, May 26-27, 2016
The TOP-SPIN 2 Workshop is organized in the framework of the FP7 European FET-OPEN Project “CNTQC - Curved Nanomembranes for Topological Quantum Computation”, Grant Agreement N.618083. This is the second of a series of meetings organized within the CNTQC project and fully funded by the European Commission. The previous edition took place in Salerno, Italy. Thanks to the support of the CNTQC project, there will be no registration fee.
The aim of the TOP-SPIN 2 Workshop is to join together leading scientists involved in the study of topological and spin phenomena in advanced nanostructures and materials. The topics will cover both theoretical and experimental aspects, with a special focus on topological superconductivity and spin-orbit coupled systems.
We will have the pleasure to host the following invited speakers:
- Prof. Floriana Lombardi (Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden)
- Prof. Carlo Beenakker (Leiden University, Netherlands)
- Dr. Attila Geresdi (TUDelft, Netherlands)
- Prof. Mathias Kläui (University of Mainz, Germany)
- Dr. Andreas Schnyder (MPI for Solid State Research, Germany)
- Prof. Felix Casanova (CIC nanoGUNE, Spain)
Topics of the workshop:
- Compact three-dimensional nanoarchitectures: fabrication and characterization
- Structural, magnetic and electronic properties of nanostructures
- Spin-transport and spin orbit effects in low-dimensional systems
- Superconducting heterostructures: proximity effects, Andreev reflections and topological states
For any information please contact the Scientific Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Laatst gewijzigd:||19 januari 2016 21:44|