Jeol Scanning Electron Microscope
Step 1: Sample loading
- Before loading your sample, find the command from “Stage->Exchange” to choose the right sample holder for your operation (there are only 2 sample holders for our SEM).
- Press “VENT” in order to vent the exchange chamber.
Note: be sure to press the button for 2-3 seconds before releasing it, otherwise the chamber will not be vented; during the “vent” process, the button will blink.
- Put your sample on one of the holders, open the chamber and place the holder in the chamber.
ATTENTION: the arrow indicator on the sample holder should point in the direction of the detection chamber.
- Close the chamber and press “EVAC”. Wait until the “EVAC” button stops blinking. Now, you can continue to the next step.
- Insert the sample into the detection chamber. Be sure that the end of the specimen-exchange rod is fully out of the guide during loading, the description of this operation can be found in the manual. The “HLDR” light will go on as soon as the holder is propely fixed inside the detection chamber.
- Wait at least 5 minutes to make sure the system vacuum is good enough.
Step 2: Imaging sample
- Press “HT” button to turn on the “SEI detector” automatically. Normally all the operation parameters are set at the right values, it will be easy to find the sample under these settings.
- On the control panel, the “RDC” button can get the scanning image in a reduced box, while “ACB” adjusts the contrast and brightness automatically.
- Play with knobs “FOCUS” and “X” “Y” stigmator to get the image more clear and sharper.
- Press button “Fine View” for scanning the image and button “Freeze” to freeze the image.
- Save the image to your own folder.
Step 3: Sample unloading
- Press “HT” button to switch off the “SEI detector”.
- Go to command “Stage”, then click “Exchange” to move the sample stage to the exchange position. Make sure you manually change back the working distance to 10 mm if you worked at a different working distance.
- Pull the sample out of the detection chamber. The “HLDR” light will go off.
- Press “VENT” to vent the exchange chamber.
- Take your sample out, close the chamber and press “EVAC”. The chamber should always be kept under vacuum.
- Please read the manual if you want to know more functions about SEM.
- Never play with the objective apertures on the column of SEM instrument.
- Don’t touch the button “GUN VALVE CLOSE”.
- In case of any problems and/or questions related to the operation of the SEM, please contact one of the system responsibles.
- If you want to use the SEM for the first time, please ask one the system responsibles for a short introduction.
|Laatst gewijzigd:||09 juli 2015 10:59|