Early Career Research Lunches
Is it possible to have a career in science while working part-time?
How can I participate in outreach based on my research?
Is the tenure track system conducive in bringing out the best in researchers?
Is having a mentor possible and how do I find one?
When reading the above statements, how does it make you feel about your academic career? Do you feel that more can be done to make the best of your early career research phase in Groningen? Do statements such as these trigger something in you that you would like to further discuss?
The Young Academy Groningen would like to invite you to attend our series of Early Career Research Lunches. During these meetings we discuss our experiences as an early career researcher (those who have already obtained their PhD and are in the early stages of their academic career) over a free lunch. We are joined by guest speakers who connect with researchers on the various discussion topics.
Previous Early Career Research Lunches
- 12 February: Create your own Stage for Public Events
- 13 November 2019: Work pressure and WO-in-Actie
- 9 October 2019: Inclusion in Academia
- 8 May 2019: How should we judge the quality of your research?
- 24 April 2019: Pitch Your Research
- 6 February 2019 : Finding Funding for Interdisciplinary Research
- 19 December 2018 : Combining an Academic Career with Family
- 10 October 2018: the Dutch National Research Agenda
- 18 April 2018: The Future of Funding
- 21 February 2018: Applying for interdisciplinary grants
- 7 December 2017: Outreach
- 22 November 2017: Mentoring
- 7 June 2017: Work/Life Balance
- 19 April 2017: Leading your own research group
- 7 February 2017: Kick-off Lunch - World Café
Who are we?
We are the Young Academy Groningen ; a group of young people who are in an early phase of their academic career. Although we enjoy science tremendously, we all experience different challenges that at some times pose a threat to our motivation and experienced joy at work.
One of the Young Academy Groningen’s missions is to be a voice of and for early career scientists. Therefore we would like to hear from you about the joys and challenges you face in your professional career tracks, and how we can face these together.
We will be hosting bi-monthly Early Career Research Lunches throughout the academic year. We will invite inspiring speakers and have open discussions with all those present. To keep updated on future lunches throughout the academic year please join our Early Career Researchers mailing list . Please register here to be added to our mailing list.
We as the Young Academy Groningen hope that we can use these lunches as a basis to build up our peer network together at the University and aim to improve the quality of science in the long term for Early Career Researchers at the University of Groningen.
We look forward to seeing you there!
|Last modified:||04 September 2020 11.39 a.m.|