Migration, Place and Culture
Centre Development Studies , Trivandrumand RAPHID
Key questions of the project
- How do migrants negotiate their identities in the place-making processes?
- What parts of culture are represented in the place-making processes?
Papers in Progress
- Bailey , A. ‘This our area and that is theirs’: the spatiality of migrant masculinity in Goa, India.
- Bailey A. and Meijering L. Multiple place meanings of a temple complex in a migrant settlement in Goa, India
Linked student projects
- Eveline Hage: Claiming space: Street Vending in Mumbai
- Sanne Visser: Social networks and well-being among Ghanaian migrants (supervision with Dr. Louise Meijering)
- Inge de Vries: Making a home: material culture of international students in Groningen.
|Last modified:||15 November 2012 2.26 p.m.|