Advice and assistance
We provide advice and assistance on the following topics:
Drafting a Research Data Management Plan for funding proposal
- The RDO provides information and help to researchers in the drafting and updating of Research Data Management Plans. An RDMP is in many cases a requirement for research funding applications and research plans. It is a useful guide during the project, and for storing data responsibly once the project is complete. Read more...
- The RDO brings together the relevant knowledge, skills and services of other departments in order to solve concrete problems that arise in the planning and research phases.
- Information analysis: For specific research projects, the RDO searches for relevant data and the possible uses. This includes open data sets. The RDO also advises on data licensing.
- The RDO can assist with relevant legislation and regulations, such as the Data Protection Act (Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens).
- We can also advise you on model consent statements as well as copyright, database law and Creative Commons licences for sharing and reusing data and advise you on the impact for your research project.
- Security and access are determined on the basis of data classification, in particular with regard to privacy and commercially sensitive data.
- Help with metadating using standard vocabularies.
- Data analyses for complex data structures so that a relevant database can be set up for the research.
- Design, layout, maintenance and management of University of Groningen data repositories. Archiving and curation of data stored in the University of Groningen environment.
- Facilitating third-party services (e.g. DANS and 3TU) and related management.
- Assisting researchers in using various facilities.
- Drawing up cost budgets, taking into account the requirements for retaining research data.
|Last modified:||15 September 2017 09.08 a.m.|