The Science and Society Group provides teaching at all university levels. Nearly every student in his or her second Bachelor’s year comes into contact with the course Science, Ethics, Technology and Society . Some of them move on to the minor People Planet, Profit of 30 ECTS in their third year . The SSG has the following objectives in its teaching in the Bachelor’s phase:
- Reflection on the sciences, including methodology and ethics;
- an understanding of the interactions between the sciences and society;
- a coordinating role in training academic skills such as argumentation and working in projects.
Master’s phase teaching builds on Bachelor’s phase teaching. SSG provides the master track Science+ Business & Policy for all Master’s degree programmes of the Faculty of Science and Engineering . This track of one year focuses on training students to become Science Advisors and aims to teach:
- the ability to combine knowledge and understanding of one’s own discipline with knowledge and understanding of policy -based and business processes ;
- the ability to give convincing, balanced and sound advice to companies, NGOs and governments.
More information on the teaching blocks can be found in the menu .
|Last modified:||01 February 2017 4.38 p.m.|