Pharmacogenetics: From Bench to Byte-An Update of GuidelinesSwen, J. J., Nijenhuis, M., De Boer, A., Grandia, L., Maitland-Van Der Zee, A. H., Mulder, H., Rongen, G. A. P. J. M., Van Schaik, R. H. N., Schalekamp, T., Touw, D. J., Van Der Weide, J., Wilffert, B., Deneer, V. H. M. & Guchelaar, H-J., May-2011, In : Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 89, 5, p. 662-673 12 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › Academic › peer-review
- Pharmacokinetics, Toxicology and Targeting
- Pharmacotherapy and Pharmaceutical Care
- Methods in Medicines evaluation & Outcomes research (M2O)
- Reproductive Origins of Adult Health and Disease (ROAHD)
- Biopharmaceuticals, Discovery, Design and Delivery (BDDD)
- Groningen Research Institute for Asthma and COPD (GRIAC)
- Critical care, Anesthesiology, Peri-operative and Emergency medicine (CAPE)
Currently, there are very few guidelines linking the results of pharmacogenetic tests to specific therapeutic recommendations. Therefore, the Royal Dutch Association for the Advancement of Pharmacy established the Pharmacogenetics Working Group with the objective of developing pharmacogenetics-based therapeutic (dose) recommendations. After systematic review of the literature, recommendations were developed for 53 drugs associated with genes coding for CYP2D6, CYP2C19, CYP2C9, thiopurine-S-methyltransferase (TPMT), dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD), vitamin K epoxide reductase (VKORC1), uridine diphosphate glucuronosyltransferase 1A1 (UGT1A1), HLA-B44, HLA-B*5701, CYP3A5, and factor V Leiden (FVL).
|Number of pages||12|
|Journal||Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics|
|Publication status||Published - May-2011|
- blood clotting factor 5 Leiden, citalopram, clopidogrel, dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase, escitalopram, esomeprazole, gene product, glibenclamide, gliclazide, glimepiride, glucuronosyltransferase 1A1, imipramine, moclobemide, nortriptyline, olanzapine, oxycodone, pantoprazole, paroxetine, phenprocoumon, phenytoin, propafenone, risperidone, tamoxifen, thiopurine methyltransferase, tolbutamide, tramadol, unclassified drug, unindexed drug, venlafaxine, vitamin K epoxide reductase, zuclopenthixol, article, ataxia, confusion, constipation, CYP2C19 gene, CYP2C9 gene, CYP2D6 gene, CYP3A5 gene, DPD gene, drug dose increase, drug dose reduction, drug dose titration, dysarthria, FVL gene, gene, genotype phenotype correlation, HLA B gene, HLA B44 gene, human, loading drug dose, nausea, nystagmus, pharmacogenetics, priority journal, recommended drug dose, respiration depression, sedation, side effect, TPMT gene, urine retention, VKORC1 gene, vomiting