Institute of Indian Studies
- NWO approved a major grant proposal (Free Competition) of Dr. P. Berger and Prof. R.T.J. Cappers, project title: Salvage Crops, “Savage” People: A comparative anthropological and archaeobotanical investigation of Millet Assemblages in India
Link to public summary
Link to article about hte research project
- New book, co-edited by Peter Berger and Sarbeswar Sahoo from IIT Delhi, a strategic UG partner university: Godroads: Modalities of Conversion in India . Click here for a visual of the book cover and endorsements
- Winter School Performing Religion: Theory and Practice, New Delhi, 17-21 February 2020.
- International Workshop 2019 Contested Millets in Africa and Asia: Past and Present. International and interdisciplinary workshop organized by Peter Berger (RUG) and Roland Hardenberg (Frankfurt University) at the faculty ThRS, RUG28/29 March 2019. The programme can be found here.
- Winter School: Changing Grounds: Dynamics of Culture and Livelihood, 11-15 February 2019, IIT Delhi, organized by Peter Berger (RUG) Sarbeswar Sahoo (IIT Delhi) and Roland Hardenberg (Goethe University Frankfurt), taught with several international colleagues. Click here for the program.
The Institute of Indian Studies promotes a new approach to India immaterial and material heritage that engages with its religious, linguistic and social diversity.
Read more about the Institute