Centre for the Study of Religion and Culture in Asia (CSRCA)
- International Workshop 2019 Contested Millets in Africa and Asia: Past and Present. International and interdisciplinary workshop organized by Peter Berger (RUG) and Roland Hardenberg (Frankfurt University) at the faculty ThRS, RUG28/29 March 2019. The programme can be found here.
- Winter School: Changing Grounds: Dynamics of Culture and Livelihood, 11-15 February 2019, IIT Delhi, organized by Peter Berger (RUG) Sarbeswar Sahoo (IIT Delhi) and Roland Hardenberg (Goethe University Frankfurt), taught with several international colleagues. Click here for the program.
- Peter Berger and Roland Hardenberg from the Department of Anthropology at the Goethe University Frankfurt co-organized an interdisciplinary workshop on "Contested Millets in Africa and India" on 18-19 May 2018 in Frankfurt. Click here for a list of participants.
- Winter School on “Religions of India: Transformations of Values, Practices & Identities” at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) New Delhi, from 19-23 March 2018. Click here for a list of speakers and read the report of one of the Groninger students, Maria Teresa Tabares.
- Student excursion to India in cooperation with the department of anthropology of the Goethe University Frankfurt, 26 March until 9 April 2018. Students from Frankfurt and from Groningen traveled mainly in Odisha and Gujarat investigating the religious diversity and pluralism of the country. Find here some impressions of one of the Groninger students, Wouter Levinga.
- 9-12 Dec CCKF and KNAW International Conference "Framing the Study of Religion in Modern China and Taiwan: Concepts, Methods and New Research Paths"
- More activities...
The Centre for the Study of Religion and Culture in Asia (CSRCA) is the intellectual home for scholars interested to discuss social functions and discursive identities of religion in Asia, past and present.
Read more about the Centre...