The ESNLT aims to work on a range of different legal aspects relevant to tobacco control and will organise a series of events. Please see the agenda indicated below.
International Conference on Tobacco, Law and Human Rights: crossing borders, spaces and substances (rescheduled to January 2022)
We organize an international conference on tobacco, law and human rights. The conference will take place on 20-22 January 2022 at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands. Hopefully by then, we will be able to organize a physical conference.
For this conference, we welcome abstract submissions related to tobacco control, (novel) smoke-free policies, human rights and tobacco, the interface between the regulation of tobacco and cannabis (and/or alcohol), and other related topics. All abstract submissions will be reviewed and evaluated based on originality, research depth, accuracy and relevance to one of the three conference themes:
1) Tobacco control by European organisations (Day 1)
2) Novel smoke-free policies (Day 2)
3) The interplay between the regulation of tobacco, cannabis and/or alcohol (Day 3)
We are excited to announce that our keynote speakers will be:
Prof. Oaife Nolan(Day 1)
Prof. Stefania Negri(Day 2)
Prof. Damon Barrett(Day 3)
- 31 May - 1 June 2018 Groningen (NL) – Conference on Law and Noncommunicable diseases: The crosscutting role of law in NCD control and regulating risk factors
- 1 June Groningen 2018 (NL) - Roundtable on Sustainable Development, Noncommunicable Diseases and Industry Involvement
Roundtable on "Child right protection and industry advertisement, promotion and sponsoring (APS) in the Non-Communicable Disease crisis" - Geneva, Switzerland, 25 June 2019.
You may consult here the Outcome document Geneva 2019.
- 27 June 2017 Groningen (NL) – Research Seminar: Legal Dimensions of Protecting Children Against Tobacco-Related Harm (programme).
- 28-29 September 2017 Bergen (NO) – European Association of Health Law Conference: Side Event of the Interest Group on Chronic Diseases
Provisional launch online platform and communication materials
|Last modified:||20 April 2021 11.04 a.m.|