9th Doctoral Seminar on International and EU Tax Law
|Where:||University of Groningen|
The University of Groningen in cooperation with the University of Bergamo, Heidelberg University, the University of Linz, the Catholic University of Louvain, the University of Luxembourg and the University of Valencia organises the
9th DOCTORAL SEMINAR ON INTERNATIONAL AND EU TAX LAW
24th to 25th June 2019 — University of Groningen
Ph.D. candidates in the fields of international, European and comparative tax law in their second and third year will present their research projects and/or major results, depending on the level of progress. It follows successful events held in Bergamo, Linz, Valencia, Heidelberg, Louvain and Luxembourg.
Each presentation will be followed by feedback and discussion with a panel consisting of tax professors and leading experts from practice, including EU institutions. In order to allow sufficient time for in-depth debates and valuable feedback, the number of presentations is strictly limited. To stimulate debate and dissemination of ideas, however, a certain number of first year Ph.D. candidates may also be accepted to participate without giving a presentation.
- The topic: What is your research question?
- The hypothesis: What are the ideas challenged/to be tested?
- The methodological framework: How are you going to answer your question(s)?
- The potential results: What is your preliminary conclusion on the hypotheses?
- The novelty: What are the points no one else has made so far (or not in this way)?
- The stage of your research: When did you start? When will your thesis be finalized?
The seminar will be held at the University of Groningen and is sponsored by the Groningen University Fund.