Internships for college credit
|The internship is not mandatory within your degree programme unless you do one of the dual master programmes. Within the dual master there is a mandatory internship component. Yet even if an internship is not mandatory for your studies, an internship within your subjects for study can be worth credits. The internship is a component within the space "law in practice”. Only items included in the list can be honored in Ocasys at 'law in practice" with credits (7 ECTS).|
If your program provides room for a free choice, you can choose an internship. If there is no free choice, it is up to you to decide if you pursue an internship as an extracurricular activity (whether or not for credit). The internship is not mandatory within your degree programme unless you do one of the dual master's programmes.
If your program provides a free choice, you can choose an internship. If there is no free choice, it is up to you to decide if you pursue an internship as an extra curricular activity (whether or not for credit).
For completing an internship as part of the “law in practice", the following rules apply:
- The internship and the internship must meet the definition mentioned in the internship regulations.
- To receive credit for a law practice in part, that part must be approved by the coordinator of your own training or specialization. That happens after notification to and assessment by the coordinator of your training or specialization. The Faculty has appointed internship coordinators who the contact the responsible person at the placement organization and ensuring teacher guidance. Make sure that before you start an internship you have spoken to your internship coordinator.
- The internship must be approved by the curriculum at Progresswww.
- The internship should be at least 160 hours (four full working weeks of 40 hours per week). Writing your placement report is not covered by the 160 hours.
- Regular (paid) work may not be counted as an internship.
- You are not allowed within the 180 ECTS of your bachelor's degree or 60 credits of your master more than 9 ECTS for "Law in Practice”. Several internships should not lie on the same subject. Within a training activity can only result in granting credits once.
- At the end of the internship you should submit a placement report for approval within 20 days of the last day of the internship to the coordinator of the training or specialization. After the internship, the internship provider receives a copy of the report made by the intern for approval.
- In an internship, the internship institution must appoint a mentor who provides guidance.
If you want your internship to be a part of your curriculum, your choice should be approved by the Board of Examiners by offering your subjects on ProgressWWW and by the coordinator before you start. In retrospect, the assessment of the internship report is carried out by the coordinator. Before the start of the internship you will have a meeting with the coordinator of your training or specialization. In that meeting, the internship is formally approved and you are pointed to the requirements of the rules and regulations of the internship and the report. Additionally, you also have to ask the approval to the Board of Examiners.
|Last modified:||12 October 2018 09.47 a.m.|