Poster presentation: we are full!
Conference: Growing together, Celebrating diversity and fostering inclusion
- University of Groningen Lustrum 2019
- DATES: June 6 – 7, 2019
- Groningen, The Netherlands
**** We no longer accept submissions as we have now filled all spots! ****
We have invited submissions from doctoral students in a broad range of disciplines engaged in research related to diversity and inclusion: Humanities, Social Sciences, STEM, Health Care, Education, Human Resources, etc. The poster submissions should demonstrate personal/professional research or community projects that connect to the conference’s overall theme.
The conference is focused on celebrating the different dimensions of diversity within each individual such as gender, sexual orientation, age, abilities, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, religion or belief, cultural capital, socio-economic status. In addition, we seek to foster inclusion as inclusion is not a natural consequence of diversity but rather something we should actively work towards.
In particular, we welcome contributions that problematize, e.g., the use of the word ‘diversity’ or ‘inclusion’ in the academic context as a strategy to disengage with more transformative approaches and/or whether and how do they fit within bigger projects of equity and social justice.
Themes which could be explored include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Local, National, and Global Issues of Inequalities
- Racism, Sexism and Transphobia
- Violence and Harassment
- Disability and Ableism
- Borders and Education
- Anti-oppressive practices
- Intersectionality and Feminist Theories
- Religion, Faith, Islamophobia
- Critical pedagogies and curricula
- Decolonizing education
- Heath and Inequalities
- Inclusive and Equitable Environments
- Social Movements and Identity Politics
- Theila Smith, PhD student, Science Education
- Lucy Avraamidou, Associate Professor, Science Education
|Last modified:||10 April 2019 10.52 a.m.|