Open access workshop
|When:||Tu 10-12-2019 10:00 - 11:30|
|Where:||Neurdenburg room (first floor), University of Groningen Library, Broerstraat 4, 9712 CP Groningen|
Introduction to open access publishing
Open access (OA) means free, immediate and permanent access to academic research, with re-use rights. OA is becoming increasingly important in academic research as most research funders request it. This workshop provides a comprehensive introduction to open access publishing.
At the end of the workshop you will have a clear understanding of:
- What is OA and why it matters;
- Types of OA (e.g. gold, hybrid, green);
- Research funders OA policies;
- Discounts and waivers available to University of Groningen researchers;
- How to choose an open licence (CC licenses);
- How to detect and avoid predatory journals;
- Overview of the OA support services offered by the UG.
Dutch or English, depending on the participants
There are also open access workshops at the UMCG.