Webinar: Introduction to open access publishing
|When:||Tu 01-12-2020 10:00 - 11:30|
Open access means free, immediate and permanent access to academic research, with re-use rights. OA is becoming increasingly important in academic research as most research funders request it. This webinar provides a comprehensive introduction to open access (OA) publishing.
At the end of the webinar you will have a clear understanding of:
- What is OA and why it matters;
- Types of OA (e.g. gold, hybrid, green);
- Research funders OA policies;
- Discounts and waivers available to University of Groningen researchers;
- How to choose an open licence (CC licenses);
- How to detect and avoid predatory journals;
- Overview of the OA support services offered by the UG.
Dutch or English, depending on the participants
Registered partcipants will receive the webinar link by email 1h before the start of the event. The webinar will not be recorded.