Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
TalencentrumOnderdeel van Rijksuniversiteit Groningen


Express yourself <> understand the world
TalencentrumVertalen en corrigerenStyle GuideGrammar


gerundium, gérondif, Gerundium

Gerund: the  '-ing' form of an English verb used as a noun.

When you want to refer to an action, activity or process in a general way, you can use a noun which has the same form as the present participle of a verb, called a gerund. This form is also referred to as the '-ing form' or 'verbal noun'.

Last modified:15 September 2017 9.00 p.m.