Registration Procedure, Rate Categories and Cancellation Procedure
You can register online for a standard course using the link in the concerning course schedule on our website. Students and staff members of the University of Groningen have to login with their s- and p-numbers. All communication concerning the registration will then be sent to the RUG e-mail address. Other interested parties and students who do not have their S-account yet, may create a new account using their private e-mail address. If you already have an account you can acces it here. Online enrollment is, in general, possible up to 10 days before the starting date. From then on you can enrol at the Secretary's Office. Select the correct rate during registration.
Please keep in mind that a course may be full at an earlier time. Therefore, we advise you to register as soon as possible. If a course is full, please register for our waiting list via the link on the course page. If a place becomes available, you will be contacted.
A specific registration procedure applies to the Dutch courses (partly) paid for by the University of Groningen.
- We request that you pay the course fee before the start of the course. It is not possible to reserve a place. We can only guarantee that you will have a place in the course if we have received the course fee or the payment guarantee.
Payment via University of Groningen payment system
After registration you will receive an electronic payment link, it may take several working days before you receive this link. Via this link you can pay online using your debet or credit card (VISA or Mastercard). If we have not received the due amount within the terms of payment mentioned in the e-mail, your registration will be cancelled.
Payment at the Secretary's Office
Due to corona, the secretariat is closed and this option is temporarily unavailable.
Course fees can be paid by Maestro or V-pay card at our secretariat. Payment in cash is also possible, but we cannot accept € 200 and € 500 banknotes. When registering, if you choose to pay the course fee at the Secretary's Office we kindly request you to do so within 5 working days.
Payment by invoice (private payment only)
We can send you an invoice by e-mail. Your temporary registration will then be valid until the end of the term of payment mentioned on your invoice. If we have not received the due amount within the terms of payment mentioned on the invoice, your registration will be cancelled. The term of payment is generally set to 5 days from the date that the invoice is sent. The possibility to register online and to choose the option of payment by invoice is available up to 10 days before the start of a course. After that, we kindly ask you to register and pay at our office (by card or in cash).
Payment guarantee (if the course is paid by employer or organization)
If your course fee will be paid by an external organization, we ask you to choose the 'Payment Guarantee' option and fill in the necessary information, including the name of your contact person. The concerning contact person will need to issue an agreement to pay the course fee. We will then send the invoice for your course to the indicated address. It's your responsibility to fill in the payment guarantee truthfully. If the payment guarantee is not filled in truthfully and the contact person does not stand surety, you are expected to pay for the course yourself.
Internal payment by a University of Groningen faculty or department
If a University of Groningen faculty or department will be paying for your course, we ask you to choose the 'Payment Guarantee' option and select your faculty or department and fill in both the name of your HR contact person and the assigned (6 digit) project or ITB code. You will also need to indicate that the contact person given stands surety for the payment. We will then send the internal invoice to your faculty or department. The contact person is responsible for the payment. It's your responsibility to fill in the payment guarantee truthfully. If the payment guarantee is not filled in truthfully and the contact person does not stand surety, you are expected to pay for the course yourself.
How to register and pay with a loan from the Education Executive Agency (DUO)
You can pay for Dutch courses at the University of Groningen Language Centre in preparation for the State Examination in Dutch as a Second Language (level B2) or Staatsexamen NT2 with a loan from the Education Executive Agency (DUO). You should register as follows:
- Visit en.inburgeren.nl for more information about integration.
- Request a loan from DUO. Log in to My Integration on the internet. You will need DigiD to get access to government websites. Online requests are processed much faster than paper form requests.
- When you register for your Language Centre course, present or send a photocopy or scan of the letter in which DUO approves your loan. The Language Centre needs this letter as soon as possible, because we need ample time to complete your registration. For all future courses that you register for, you must present the most recent overview of your DUO grant.
- Go to our overview of Dutch courses
- If this is your first Dutch course at the Language Centre, you must first visit the Language Centre for an intake.
- Register online or in person for the course or the waiting list at the Language Centre office. Select the payment option ‘DUO loan for integration via the State Examination in Dutch as a Second Language (level B2) or Staatsexamen NT2 '.
- You will be sent more information about the course by e-mail one week before the course is due to begin.
Your teacher will give you 2 forms during the course. You must sign these forms and return them to the teacher:
- Course contract – the conditions applying to your course schedule, in line with the criteria of Blik op Werk.
- DUO invoice – stating the costs of your course and the teaching material. The Language Centre will submit the invoice to DUO. DUO will pay for the course using your loan.
Bachelor's and Master's students, exchange students and PhD scholarship students of the University of Groningen and the universities of applied sciences in the 3 northern provinces. UG students must use their S-number when enrolling to be eligible for the student rate.
*Faculties sometimes pay the course fees for UG staff members. You can check with your manager and/or HR department whether you are eligible for this compensation and how it can be arranged.
UG staff must use their P-number when enrolling to be eligible for the discount rate.
Other interested parties
- You can register for a course if your language skills match the level of the concerning course and you are at least 18 years of age.
- When registering for a Dutch course, we ask you to provide us with the advice card that you received during the office hour or at the end of your previous course at the Language Centre.
- You must purchase your own copy of the textbook for the Dutch courses. It is illegal to photocopy the textbook. Participants will not be allowed to proceed to the next level if they do not have their own textbook. If participants do not have their own textbook after 3 lessons, or are using a copy, they will have to leave the course. In such cases the Language Centre cancellation procedure will apply. The costs of the course will be charged in full and no reimbursements will be possible. Registration cannot be transferred to a subsequent course either.
You cannot register for more than one course of the same level, as this would mean that you are unnecessarily occupying a spot for another student. If you do, your extra registrations will be cancelled.
You can register for courses of two different levels, if you do not yet know which level is suitable for you. In this case, make sure that you visit the office hour as soon as possible to have your level determined.
- Courses will be cancelled if there are not enough participants. You will be informed of this no later than 5 days before the start of the course. It is a good idea not to buy your books before then.
- An intern may attend our courses, but always under the supervision of the teacher.
- If during the first lessons it turns out that you are in the wrong group for your level, the teacher will discuss the possibilities of transferring to a different group. Please feel free to contact the teacher if you have doubts about how your level compares to your group. However, transferring is not always possible.
If you want to cancel, you must hand over a proof of payment. Without this proof, the course fee will not be reimbursed. You can request a cancellation via your profile after logging in to our online registration system.
- If the registration is cancelled by the registered person or the client in writing or by e-mail at least 5 working days before the starting date of the course the registration fee will be refunded, less € 20 administration fees*.
- If the registration is cancelled by the registered person or the client less than 5 working days before the starting date of the course, the full amount of the registration fee is forfeit.
*Because of the coronavirus, we do not currently charge an administration fee in the event of a cancellation.
The Language Centre aims to provide optimal service. Should you not be fully satisfied with any of the services provided by the Language Centre, however, please let us know. More information about the Language Centre Complaints Procedure
You can register for the waiting list, if your preferred course is full. We will then contact you if there is a spot available or if we are able to open an extra group.
|Last modified:||02 June 2020 10.31 a.m.|