Limits to AGOR
- The magnetic field can be chosen in the range 1.75 < B < 4.05 T
- The accelerating frequency f ranges from 24 to 62 MHz, harmonic modes are h = 2, 3, 4.
- The maximum dee voltage is 100 kV.
- Ion source specifications indicate a maximum injection voltage of 35 kV
Translation into (Z / A) and (T / A)
- At low Z / A and high T / A, the operating diagramme is bounded by the bending limit Kb = 600 MeV
- Above Z / A = 220 / 600, the focusing limit Kf = 200 MeV becomes more restricting than the bending limit at high T / A.
- At high Z / A, the low T / A side is bounded by the magnetic field at which the strong nr + 2 nz = 3 resonance is occuring. In AGOR, this occurs at around 1.7 tesla.
- At low Z / A, the low T / A side is bounded by the low frequency limit of the RF system
|Last modified:||28 January 2014 12.06 p.m.|