Pay as you drive
This project aimed to study the acceptability and effects of a pay-as-you-drive vehicle insurance from an integrated multidisciplinary perspective. The project was funded by Transumo and conducted by a multidisciplinary team of economists, psychologists, and transport researchers.
This project is part of project "Effects and acceptability of pricing policies".
Researchers and partners
Behavioural and Social Sciences, Psychology
- Jan Willem Bolderdijk, Social Psychology
- Linda Steg, Social Psychology
Partners outside of the University of Groningen
- Free University of Amsterdam
- Delf University of Technology
Courses connected to this project
- Master Environmental Psychology
- Bolderdijk, J.W., Steg, L., Geller, E.S., Lehman, P.K., & Postmes, T. (2013). Comparing the effectiveness of monetary versus moral motives in environmental campaigning. Nature Climate Change, 3, 413-416. DOI: 10.1038/NCLIMATE1767.
- Bolderdijk, J.W., Knockaert, J., Steg, E.M., & Verhoef, E.T. (2011). Effects of Pay-As-You-Drive vehicle insurance on young drivers' speed choice: Results of a Duch field experiment . Accident Analysis and Prevention, 43, 1181-1186.
- Bolderdijk, J.W., Steg, L., & Postmes, T. (2013). Fostering support for work floor energy conservation policies: Accounting for privacy concerns. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 34, 195–210.
Successful grant proposals and other achievements
University's focus areas
- Sustainable Society
|Last modified:||29 March 2021 10.17 a.m.|