Admission and application per prior education
ATTENTION The application deadline is much earlier: March 1. There will be a selection procedure for all students.
ead updates and new information about the selection process for start in September 2021 via Updates on selection. Please visit the updates page regularly!
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology or in a variant of Psychology from a Research university (not from a university of applied sciences or a ‘Hochschule’);
- Sufficient prior knowledge for Psychology programme and for the particular track of your choice (track-specific admission requirements);
- Satisfy English language requirements;
- Provide a specified motivation for the track(s) of your choice (in the checklist);
- Only for the tracks Klinische Psychologie, Klinische Neuropsychologie en Ontwikkelingspsychologie: Dutch language proficiency at native level (C2). Students with a Dutch language secondary school or Bachelor diploma satisfy this requirement automatically.
The admissions committee will determine whether you are admissible based on your application:
You meet the admission requirements: via the selection procedure
If there are more admissible students than available places, you will be invited for a selection test. After the selection procedure you may be placed on the waiting list. You can apply for two tracks: your first and your second choice.
You do not meet all requirements: via the premaster
For a limited number of students it is possible to follow a premaster package. If you have completed the premaster within one year, and meet the language requirements
- (in the case of an English-language track), you will be admitted to the track. Please read the premaster section below!
Please note For students who started the premaster in 2019 or 2020 a different regulation applies, as described in their premaster decision.
- Go to studielink.nl
- Request a username and password (for detailed information see the manual*)
- Select the track of your choice (drop-down list)
- Finish the submission in studielink: after finishing your submission you will receive an e-mail with information that allows you to activate your user account for OAS (the Online Application System used by the University of Groningen)
- Activate your OAS account
- Again select the track of your choice (in OAS)
- Upload the filled in checklist (in OAS)
Dates and deadlines
1 September 2021
1 March 2021
|1 February 2022*||
1 October 2021
1 September 2022
1 March 2022
*The track Clinical Psychology and the track Clinical Forensic Psychology and Victimology do not start in February.
|Last modified:||30 April 2021 1.49 p.m.|