The Research Master’s degree programme in Behavioural and Social Sciences is designed primarily for highly talented, motivated, and ambitious students who are interested in pursuing a career in scientific research.
Admission to the programme is based on students' performance during the Bachelor’s degree programme and their motivation. Specifically, the applicant's qualifications should provide a positive and reliable impression of their ability to successfully complete the programme. These qualifications include:
- A Bachelor's diploma in Psychology, Sociology, the Pedagogical Sciences or the Educational Sciences.
- Sufficient knowledge of the English language (a TOEFL score of 600 or higher, or an IELTS score of 7.0 or higher).
- Sufficient qualifications in the relevant fields of science.
- Very good command of statistics, as specified in the Statistical Entrance Requirements. N.B.: To verify your statistical knowledge, it is helpful to take the Diagnostic Self Test Statistics. You can verify your answers by means of the document Answers Diagnostic Self Test. Depending on the results, we advise to follow the recommendations given there. You can download these documents on the right hand side of this page.
- Suitable motives and aspirations for successful completion of the Research Master’s programme.
Students who apply for the programme may be invited for a meeting with the Admission Board to provide additional information about their motives and aspirations to enter the Master's programme. For the admission form, please scroll down to the bottom of this page.
Students who have obtained a Master’s degree from another programme (e.g. a one-year Master’s programme in one of the social sciences in the Netherlands or elsewhere) and who are subsequently admitted to the Research Master’s programme in Behavioural and Social Sciences, may send a request for exemptions to the Board of Examiners.
The general guideline is that a 30 ECTS Master’s thesis is equivalent to a 15 ECTS literature study and a 15 ECTS traineeship. In addition, students may be granted exemptions to a maximum of 20-25 ECTS if they have completed modules that are equivalent in content and level to modules from the Research Master’s programme.
Students who are admitted to the Research Master's programme on the basis of a Master's degree from another programme, are admitted on the condition that they have finished this other programme before 1 September of the year in which they want to start the Research Master's programme. For further information, contact the academic advisor, Ms. Coby Evers.
Application procedure & deadline
The application form, which is to be sent by email to the academic advisor Ms. Evers, can be downloaded below.
The deadline for the application is:
- 1 March 2013 for non-EU students
- 1 May 2013 for EU-students
Meetings with the Admission Board will be planned within one month after the deadline for application.
|Laatst gewijzigd:||14 december 2017 13:24|