The timetablers of the Faculty of Science and Engineering are responsible for scheduling of all lectures, tutorials, practicals and other educational activities. For problems, remarks or feedback please send an email to the general email address or contact one of them. M.V.S. van Rees Vellinga is the coordinator of the team of timetablers.
Once a period (1a, 1b, 2a or 2b) has been scheduled, you will receive an email asking you to check if the course you coordinate has been scheduled correctly. Please pass this email along to any lecturers who participate in your course. Please check if your course is scheduled as desired via rooster.rug.nl .
Some changes may still be necessary to provide an optimal timetable for your course. If these are changes concerning activity time slots, we will first consult you. If we change the location of your activities within two weeks of the start of your course, we will also contact you. Location changes that are done further in advance will generally not be communicated.
Within two weeks of the start of the course, the definite location of the course activities can be checked.
The timetablers can be contacted via email: email@example.com
As you are probably all aware, scheduling all the education for our Faculty, with 13 bachelor's degree programmes and 27 master's degree programmes comprising approximately 1000 course units is a challenging task. With rising student numbers we have to schedule the occupation of lecture rooms and especially claim exam space at an early stage to make sure that all programmes run smoothly for both students and lecturers.
For you, as a member of the FSE teaching staff, several deadlines for the timetables of 2018-2019 are important (letter Planning academic year 2018-2019).
|Deadlines for course units taught at ADL (Antonius Deusinglaan) in 2018-2019|
|1 December 2017||Hand in new course units to deputy director/programme committee for approval|
|1 February 2018||
|1 June 2018
||Changes in lecturers and structure or number of lectures /practicals/tutorials for course units semester 2 (2A + 2B)
|Deadlines for course units taught at Zernike in 2018-2019|
|1 December 2017
Hand in new course units to deputy director/programme committee for approval
|1 February 2018
|1 April 2018
||Changes in lecturers and structure or number of lectures /practicals/tutorials for course units semester 1 (1A + 1B)|
|1 July 2018
||Changes in lecturers and structure or number of lectures /practicals/tutorials for course units semester 2 (2A + 2B)|
Please note: The set-up of any new course unit or changes made to existing course units need to be discussed with the Deputy Director and the Programme Committee before the deadlines mentioned in the above schedules.
In order to make the scheduling go as smoothly as possible, it is important that the timetablers receive the necessary information on time. You can submit information regarding academic year 2018-2019 via the webforms linked below.
- Availability of lecturers: we assume that you are available full-time for courses you participate in, unless you inform the timetablers about your availability before 1 February 2018 via the following webform: Timetabling form 1 - Lecturer availability FSE 2018-2019 (or Dutch version)
- Changes in your course unit : we will schedule your course according to the scheduling information known by us for 2017-2018, unless you notify us according to the deadlines above via the following webform: Timetabling form 2 - Changing course information FSE 2018-2019 (or Dutch version)
What kind of changes do I need to use the above form for?
- Changes in assessment form, like adding or removing an exam or midterm test, adding or removing presentations, the duration of these assessments forms, or in which week of your course they take place.
- Changes in lecturers, like if the course coordinator has changed, there are new lecturers, or lecturers no longer participate in the course.
- Changes in the structure of a course, like increasing or reducing the number of lectures, tutorials or computer practicals per week, and in which week those practicals or tutorials take place.
If there are other changes in your course that might affect the scheduling, please let the timetablers know via the webform.
Please note: The above webforms are not the forms used for the CUAO (Course Unit Assessment Overview) and Ocasys update of your course, as deadlines don’t need to be that early as scheduling deadlines. Your degree programme coordinator will contact you about that separately.
|Laatst gewijzigd:||11 januari 2018 16:24|