About the faculty
The Faculty of Science and Engineering harbours a kaleidoscope of disciplines and research strengths. Our programmes in research and education range from nanomaterials and biomachinery to astronomy, from mathematics to pharmacy, from neurosciences to computer science, and from molecular and evolutionary biology to marine biology.
The faculty's education covers three areas for which three schools have been created: Computing and Cognition, Life Science and Natural Sciences and Technology.
Research at the Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) is done in a number of research institutes. Researchers and research groups also participate in different local and national research institutes.
- ALICE (Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Engineering)
- CBN (Center for Behaviour and Neurosciences)
- CEES (Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Studies)
- CTN (Centre for Theoretical Physics)
- ESRIG (Energy and Sustainability Research Institute Groningen)
- GBB (Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute)
- GRIP (Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy)
- IDO (Department of Education)
- ITM (Research institute of Technology and Management)
- Johann Bernoulli Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science
- Kapteyn Institute
- Stratingh Institute for Chemistry
- Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials
|Last modified:||01 February 2017 1.25 p.m.|