Introduction activities 2018
- 27th and 28th of August Moving to Groningen at Schiphol Airport
- August 29th, 2018: Non-EU Immigration Day - non-EU students will
receive an invitation from the ISD
- August 30th Welcoming Ceremony International Students
- August 30th 09.30 PM Welcoming Party all new students (tickets available from July 20th)
- August 31st, 2018: Faculty Introduction Science and Engineering 01.00 - 05.00 PM
- August 31st, 2018: ESN Introduction week starts
- September 3rd, 2018: Start semester 1a
Introduction Day at the the Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE)
Before the start of each semester, right after the Welcoming Ceremony, the the Faculty of Science and Engineering organizes an Introduction Day for its newly arrived exchange students.
During this event youll be guided around the Zernike campus and in the Faculty buildings by your assigned student mentor. We will show you the different (sport) facilities and service centers at your disposal. Besides, you will be introduced to the International Office staff and to some Education Support staff members. On top of that, you will receive instructions about the IT facilities needed by students. You will have an opportunity to have your paperwork dealt with as well. Last but no least, you will have the opportunity to meet your fellow exchange students!
Welcoming Ceremony of the University of Groningen
The University organizes an official Welcoming Ceremony for all new international guests before the beginning of the first and second semester. This event is meant to introduce all international students to the University of Groningen in an informal way.
There, you will receive a lot of information about general support services, the many facilities at your disposal, and matters such as: health insurance & city registration. This also is a unique opportunity to meet other foreign students!
NOTE: on that day, you will NOT get any information about your study program, nor about the Faculty you are enrolled at. This will be done during the Introduction Day of your Faculty FSE (see below).
|Last modified:||10 August 2018 11.35 a.m.|