Application procedure / deadlines
In order to guarantee an efficient admission procedure and a fast decision from our Admission's Boards, please be aware of the deadlines, the kind of documents you need to submit, and the application procedure of which you will find all information below.
To apply for one of the FSE Master's degree programmes, please consider the start dates and the application deadlines in the table below. These deadlines are strict!
|Start date (period)||Application deadline|
|September 1 (1a)||May 1|
|February 1 (2a)*||October 15|
*This applies only for a few Master programmes.
To file an application for admission to one of our MSc. programmes, you need to upload the following documents in the application process that is described below. Please note that you need to deliver your documents in PDF and English; other formats and languages will not be taken into consideration! The maximum file-size is 5 MB. If it is not possible to crop your PDF file to < 5 MB, please contact us at admissionsupport.fse rug.nl.
|MSc. Programme / document #||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9|
|All non-selective programmes||V||V||V||V||V*|
|Behavioural & Cognitive Neurosciences||V||V||V||V||V|
|Ecology & Evolution||V||V||V||V||V|
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter (please include the MSc programme + specialization/track that you are interested in, and why, in your letter)
- Official transcript of records
- A copy of your Bachelor's degree, or if you have not obtained your degree yet, a document containing a description + planning of the remaining course units in your programme.
- Two reference letters
- The completely filled-in checklist for Behavioural and Cognitive Neurosciences, Biomolecular Sciences, Chemistry, Ecology & Evolution or Marine Biology.*
- Written report, see the explanation in the application form (optional document).
- Written report; Provide a report that reflects the ability to produce a well-structured and concise report. The assignment handed in is free of choice and can be a report on a practicum, experiment, a literature review, a bachelor’s thesis, etc.
- Writing sample; Provide a report that reflects the ability to produce a well-structured and concise report. The assignment handed in is free of choice and can be a report on a practicum, experiment, a literature review, a bachelor’s thesis, etc. (optional document).
If you would like to send your application to the Admission's Board, do not register in Studielink first. Also note that if you have unconditional access to a non-selective Master's degree programme, as specified in the list of connecting programmes, you do not have to follow a special application procedure: you may simply register in Studielink for your Master's degree programme following the instructions and deadlines that are described elsewhere.
Please follow these subsequent steps to apply:
For all master degree programmes: please submit your application files by using our webform.
Await the decision from our Admission's Board, which usually takes up to four weeks. You will be notified about the decision by e-mail. (For Nanoscience, you will be notified within four weeks after November 15, February 1 or May 1.)
Register in Studielink after you have received a positive decision from the Admission's Board, at least two months before the start of your programme.
|Last modified:||15 December 2020 1.54 p.m.|