Symposium in honor of Prof. Bauke Dijkstra: “Exploring protein structures: from catalytic mechanisms to drug design”
|Wanneer:||vr 04-10-2013 10:30 - 17:30|
|Waar:||V 5161.0105, Bernoulliborg, University of Groningen|
This autumn Bauke Dijkstra is retiring as Professor in Protein Crystallography, after having served the University of Groningen for more than 30 years. The symposium will honor his contributions to the field of enzyme catalysis and structural biology, with lectures by some of Bauke’s former PhD students, post-docs and close collaborators.
Program: (will be updated, please check http://www.xray.chem.rug.nl)
9:30: Registration and coffee
· Karl-Erich Jaeger (Research Center Jülich)
· Roberto Steiner (King’s College London)
· Rob van Montfort (The Institute of Cancer Research, London)
· Joost Uitdehaag (Netherlands Translational Research Center)
· Marco Nardini (University of Milano)
· René de Jong (DSM Delft)
· Ute Krengel (University of Oslo)
· Thomas Barends (MPI for Medical Research, Heidelberg)
(12.15 – 14.00: Lunch buffet)
17.20: Closing words
The symposium is free and open for everyone interested (lunch buffet is on invite-only basis). Please send an E-mail to email@example.com before September 30, if you wish to participate in the symposium (also if you can only attend a part of the program).
We look forward to welcoming you.
Te organizing committee:
Anke Terwisscha van Scheltinga