Summer Course Glycosciences: 14th European Training Course on Carbohydrates: 12 - 16 June 2016
|When:||Su 12-06-2016 15:30 - 20:30|
Organised by the Graduate Schools VLAG (Wageningen) and GBB (Groningen)
The 14th Summer Course Glycosciences will take place in Groningen, June 12-16, 2016. This broad course in glycosciences combines general introductions in the field of carbohydrates and glycoproteins with in-depth parallel sessions. This gives participants the opportunity to focus on specific interests without losing a broad education. Prior to the start of the summer course detailed hand-outs will be available. All lecturers will be present for further discussion with participants. The programme is set up in such a way that about 20 t0 25 % of the time is for discussions with experts and participants.
The course is at graduate level. The course is a must for those working in academia, research institutes or industry that want to refresh their knowledge on carbohydrates and for graduate students working on a PhD project related to carbohydrate chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical technology or food science. All participants are encouraged to bring a poster in which they introduce themselves and their work.
- Food and Non-food Applications
- Functional Properties
- Structure and Analyses
Click here for the draft programme in pdf.
- Prof. L. Dijkhuizen (University of Groningen, The Netherlands)
- Dr. M.A. Kabel (Wageningen University, The Netherlands)
- Prof. S. Perez (CNRS/Universités Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France)
- Prof. M.J.E.C. van der Maarel (University of Groningen, The Netherlands)
- Dr. H.A. Schols (Wageningen University, The Netherlands)
- Dr. E.G. Vrieling (GBB coordinating office, local organizer)