Mission, vision and values
The mission of the Faculty of Economics and Business is:
- to prepare students for a leading position in national or international corporate, entrepreneurial or public sectors or a research career through top-rated research-driven programmes in the field of economics and business;
- to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in these fields by conducting outstanding research;
- to engage with local and global partners in the corporate world and society in order to contribute with our teaching and research to addressing societal issues and challenges.
We aspire to be recognised as one of the renowned European research-oriented schools for business and economics and to be a strong partner for our corporate and public sector stakeholders and the academic community.
FEB's values and strengths
We are an international university-based faculty, located in the north of the Netherlands. We embrace the University of Groningen's values of passion and performance. We strive for excellence in a setting of academic freedom and professional integrity while emphasising socially and ethically responsible behaviour.
To accomplish our mission, we benefit from the following strengths:
- our research driven educational programmes, ranging from bachelor to PhD level, receive top ratings in national and international student surveys;
- our research is world class according to influential global rankings;
- our impact on society is strong through our highly employable graduates and accessible centres of applied research;
- our active student body, passionate faculty, and global partner network contribute to an outstanding learning experience and an excellent preparation for the labour market;
- the University of Groningen, a top 100-institution according to the major world rankings, is an attractive employer located in a vibrant university town.
|Last modified:||18 October 2018 3.36 p.m.|