What is the impact of renewable energy on the electricity market? What are the social risks and benefits of sustainable consumption? These and other topics are addressed in the first workshop organized by the new Centre for Energy Economics Research (CEER) of the Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) of the University of Groningen (RUG).
The workshop on Tuesday 17 March (3-5 pm) focuses on what kind of research is done at the FEB and to engage with the stakeholders of CEER: university, business, and government. Application is open, until 10 March.
CEER focuses on the economic analysis of the role of energy (oil, gas, electricity, heat) in societies. The researchers apply state of the art academic knowledge to important societal issues and cooperates with external stakeholders in order to contribute to solving these issues.
About the workshop
In this workshop members of CEER will give brief presentations on the type of research on energy issues that is conducted within the FEB. The following topics will be discussed during the workshop:
· Energy in Finance and Investing - Prof. dr. Bert Scholtens
· The social risks and benefits of sustainable consumption - dr. Jan Willem Bolderdijk
· The impact of renewable energy on the electricity market - Prof. dr. Machiel Mulder
· Sustainable logistics operations for LNG distribution networks and offshore wind farms: an overview of two R&D projects - Prof. dr. Iris Vis
· International trade aspects of national renewable energy policies - Prof. dr. Steven Brakman
· The impact of the German Energy Transition Policy (the Energiewende) on the Shape of the German Energy Market: Evidence from the World of Mergers and Acquisitions - dr. Killian McCarthy
After each presentation of about 10 minutes there is time for discussion, feedback and suggestions for further research. After the workshop a reception will enable networking among the participants coming from university, business, and government.
Venue: Faculty of Economics and Business, Nettelbosje 2, Groningen (Kapteynborg room 107)
Signing up for the workshop is possible by sending an email to Hanneke Tamling. (Please respond before Tuesday 10 March)
> Meer nieuws van de Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfskunde
> FEB-experts in de media
De recente, met gejuich ontvangen economische groeicijfers maskeren dat er te weinig is gedaan om de oorzaken van de laatste crisis en groeiende problemen op de arbeidsmarkt op te lossen. Dat schrijven hoogleraren Steven Brakman en Harry Garretsen vandaag...
Marijke Leliveld nearly fell off her chair when Steven Noordam, director of Kien market research bureau, unknowingly revealed an academic goldmine during his presentation. ‘All I could think was: MINE!,’ laughs Leliveld. ‘I made an appointment with...
Yingjie Yuan is Assistant Professor in Management and Organization Psychology and started her tenure track in 2016. In the past years, her research has dealt with one general issue: how do individuals, particularly star individuals (i.e., the most creative...