Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
About us FEB Education / FEB Study advisors

If you have doubts about your degree programme

If you have doubts about your study choices, discuss them with the people around you. This will help to clarify precisely where the problems are. Here are some tips for further action.

  • The RUG information website for prospective students contains information about all UG degree programmes. Here you can request brochures for all available programmes.
  • The Information Library for Study and Careers contains all kinds of information, including the student handbooks for all RUG degree programmes and overviews of all university and HBO programmes in the Netherlands.
  • Visit information events when possible (study fairs, open days, 'Student for a Day', etc.). These are usually organized several times a year.
  • If you still have doubts or questions after collecting, reading and comparing material about the available alternatives, please make an appointment with the study advisor. If necessary, he or she will be able to direct you to another person or institution. But of course you can also approach other contact persons yourself, such as the study advisors of other degree programmes outside Management and Organization / Economics!
  • The student counsellors, in cooperation with the Centre for Study Support and Academic Skills, offer Study Choice Workshops every other week. Don’t miss them!
Changing to a different degree programme within Management and Organization or Economics?

If you’re considering transferring to another Bachelor’s degree, you may want to consult the study advisor of the degree program that you’re interested in. It is not always possible to start with another degree programme during the academic year. Furthermore, a transfer is sometimes not possible because of a negative study advice (BSA) or numerus fixus. In some cases it is possible, after having finished your first (propedeutic) year and passed additional courses, to start in the second year of another degree programme.

DUO (formerly known as IBG) info: Stopping in your first year

If you deregister before February 1 and do not start with another degree programme at the RUG, no BSA wil be issued. If you’re entitled to a Dutch study grant and enrolled for the first time as a student at an HBO or university, you can have the costs of your OV-chipkaart for the first five months converted into a grant. The condition is that you may not re-apply for a higher education student grant in the same academic year. For more information about deregistering, click here.

Last modified:29 March 2021 10.30 a.m.
printView this page in: Nederlands