Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
Over onsFEBOnderwijs / FEB

Corporate Master Programme

Frequently Asked Questions - Practical matters

Are the CMP projects in English or Dutch? Can I choose?
This depends on the position and on the company or organisation participating in the CMP. Most positions are for Dutch/English and most companies are able to communicate in English. However, Dutch will often be used to some extent.

Can I still graduate if I leave the CMP halfway through? What are the contractual agreements?
We would like to emphasize that when you sign up for the CMP, you will sign a contract with an organisation, so it is your moral duty to finish the CMP. However, as the CMP is on top of your MSc and you will have already completed your Master programme and thesis when you apply for it, you can still graduate despite quitting the CMP. The CMP is over and above your Master's programme and graduating with an MSc degree is separate from CMP participation . If you quit, you will not receive the additional 15 ECTCs on a supplement to your degree, nor a CMP certificate.

If I fail my Master thesis or one other course unit just before the CMP starts, am I still eligible for the CMP?
If you did not complete all your MSc course units, you cannot take part in the CMP. The CMP is designed for MSc students who have finished their MSc course units, including the thesis, and are looking for high-level industry experience on top of their MSc. This is also what participating organisations expect.

Is the CMP project always for six months?
The CMP offers a tailored six-month corporate experience. This timeframe may vary slightly, depending on the organisation where you do your CMP programme and on your assignment. The organisation and graduate will decide the exact period and schedule together.

When does the CMP start? How is the programme structured?
The selection procedure ends in about May 2016 and the programme will start with the CMP coaching process in June/July. From that point on the career coaches will help you set your learning goals and skill development areas before you start working at the organisation. You will begin the actual CMP assignment at the company/organisation in September 2016.

[for international students]

What will happen to my residence permit?
You will need to have a residence permit for the entire period. If you still have a valid permit, it will remain valid for this extended period. If the permit expires during that period, you will have to apply for an extension. For further information, we advise you to go to the International Service Desk. All non-EEA students who are selected for the CMP will be guided through the administrative and financial procedures, based on their individual circumstances.

How can I arrange health insurance?
If you are a Dutch student going abroad for the CMP, please check if your current health insurance covers health expenses outside of the Netherlands. If not, it is your own responsibility to adjust this.

For international students: if you have regular health insurance already, please check if it covers health costs abroad. If you are insured in the Netherlands for a reduced fee because you are an international student (or using EHIC, for European students), you might have to change to a ‘basiszorgverzekering’ if your allowance from the company you do CMP at, exceeds 150 euros a month. For further information, please go to the International Service Desk.

In all cases, having a sufficient health insurance is every student’s own responsibility.

Do I need a work permit as a non-EEA student? [2]
All non-EEA students who are selected for the CMP will be guided through the administrative and financial procedures, based on their individual circumstances. (Check to see whether you are regarded as a non-EEA student.)

[2] The following are EEA (European Economic Area) countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Swiss nationals have the same rights as EEA nationals.

Last modified:15 January 2016 12.12 p.m.