MSc Marketing - selection
From September 2023, the MSc Marketing will become a selective master’s programme. This means that all students who apply for this intake need to participate in the following selection process.
For admission of the MSc Marketing, you need:
- to meet the overall admission requirements;
- to meet the GPA requirement based on your education background (see below);
- to write a motivation letter (see requirements below).
Information GPA requirement
All applicants need to have a sufficient GPA. Check the table below to see what is applicable to your situation. Please note that you need to hand in a transcript with your GPA.
BSc students from business and economics programmes with a Dutch WO diploma
GPA of 6.5 based on all courses up to and including the one but last semester of the programme.
BSc students from business and economics programmes with a non-Dutch diploma
GPA of 6.5 equivalent based on all courses up to and including the one but last semester of the programme.
Students with an HBO diploma
Students with an HBO degree need to first apply to the Pre-Master Marketing. To be admissible to the Pre-Master, students need to have a GPA of 6.5. In this grade point average, all courses of the 4-year HBO up to and including the one but last semester of the programme.
After completing the Pre-MSc you have direct access to the MSc Marketing.
Are you a student who started the Pre-MSc Marketing in September 2022? Then the GPA requirement does not apply to you. If you complete the Pre-MSc, you can continue with the MSc Marketing in September 2023 without participating in the selection process.
Requirements for motivation letter
All applicants have to write a letter of motivation (500 words) where you indicate why the MSc Marketing (and the specific profile) is the right choice for you.
In this letter, you need to address the following questions:
- Why did you choose this specific master’s degree programme?
- How did the bachelor’s degree programme, extracurricular activities, and/or other experiences prepare you for this specific master programme?
- In case it took you longer than usual to acquire the bachelor degree, please briefly explain the cause(s) of the delay.
- How does this master’ degree programme prepare you for your future career and/or serve your ambitions?
- Free space to mention anything you feel is relevant and is not addressed by the questions above.
At least two members of the Selection Committee will score your motivation. Only candidates who meet the admission criteria, and GPA criteria, and scored sufficiently on their motivation letter, will be selected.
Please note: All candidates who meet the selection criteria ‘academic performance’ and ‘motivation’ (as specified by the programme) will be admitted by the Selection Committee. There is currently no maximum number of students to be accepted.
Timeline and important dates
The MSc Marketing has two intake moments: September and February. Please check below the deadlines that apply to each intake.
If you have questions about the MSc Marketing selection procedure, please feel free to contact marketingselection.feb rug.nl.
|Last modified:||05 December 2022 3.55 p.m.|