7th EMAC Climber Community (EMAC CC)
REGISTRATION FORM BELOW
Dear EMAC CC members,
The 7th EMAC Climber Community (EMAC CC) meeting will take place during the 46th EMAC Conference in Groningen (Netherlands).
Marketing scholars at an early stage of their career (e.g., assistant professor, Post-Doc, research fellow, etc.) are invited to participate in the EMAC CC meeting on Wednesday afternoon during the conference, as well as in an informal gathering right after our meeting. The latter strives to further increase the personal ties within our community.
1) FORMAL MEETING: Wednesday, May 24th, 2 pm to 5.30 pm (two subsequent afternoon sessions)
Session 1: 2 pm to 3.30 pm
* Welcoming words by EMAC’s president Professor Gerrit van Bruggen
* Keynote speech “How to Have a Decent Career in Marketing Academia: (Semi-) True Confessions of a Senior Colleague” followed by an open discussion by Professor Josko Brakus ( https://business.leeds.ac.uk/…/staff-…/profile/josko-brakus/ )
Professor Brakus is a Professor in Marketing at Leeds University Business School. His teaching interests focus on marketing management, marketing research and brand management. Josko conducts experimental research in consumer behaviour. He studies experiential marketing and branding practices as well as managerial and consumer judgment and decision processes, with specific emphasis in the areas of selective information processing and biased processing. His work has been published in leading academic marketing journals such as the Journal of Marketing Research and the Journal of Marketing.
In his presentation "How to Have a Decent Career in Marketing Academia: (Semi-)True Confessions of a Senior Colleague" Professor Brakus (that is J. J. to you) will give insights into his own career path, successes as well as failures, and suggestions on how to have a satisfying and fulfilling career in marketing academia. He will also provide some insights into how to publish in leading marketing journals and on the resources needed to do so. After the keynote speech, J. J. will be available for an extended open discussion and questions from the EMAC CC participants.
* Coffee break exclusively for EMAC CC participants: 3.30 pm to 4 pm
Session 2: 4 pm to 5.30 pm
* Networking: The second part of the EMAC CC meeting is again fully dedicated to the development of an international research network among participating early career scholars in Marketing. The purpose of this second session is thus to get to know other EMAC CC members more closely; exchange experiences regarding research, research funding, or (inter)national job search processes; find out about potential joint research interests; and ideally establish the foundation for joint future collaborations and/or exchanges across countries.
* Feedback and future developments of the EMAC CC
2) INFORMAL GATHERING: Wine Session (not included in the EMAC fee)
Wednesday, May 24th, 6.00 to 8.00 pm
Barrel Wijn http://www.barrel-wijn.nl/
Haddingestraat 27, Groningen
This interesting wine bar is located in downtown Groningen (Haddingestraat 27) and will be open on that evening exclusively for EMAC CC participants.
Due to organizational issues and to facilitate networking possibilities during the EMAC CC meeting, registration for the upcoming meeting is required!
You want to participate in the 7th EMAC CC meeting?
Please email the completed registration form (attached to this post) and a 1-page presentation of yourself (bio, main 3 publications (if applicable), main research interest, and if available LinkedIn link) to Vatroslav Skare (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 12th of May, 2017.
In case you would like to know more about this initiative, please feel free to contact Vatroslav.
We are looking forward to meeting you at EMAC and further developing the EMAC Climber Community with you!
University of Zagreb
Sylvia von Wallpach
Copenhagen Business School
Department of Marketing
|Laatst gewijzigd:||03 mei 2017 01:09|