The Winter School will cover the following components:
- Intercultural training competencies
- Cultural stereotypes and cultural generalizations
- A Developmental Model of Intercultural Sensitivity
- Characteristics of cultural marginality
- Training content challenges
- Thinking styles
- Low-context communication
- High-context communication
- Intercultural training methods and resources
We advise you to arrive on Sunday 15 January. The winter school will take place from Monday 16 January to Friday 20 January, 2016.
Sessions will begin at 09:00 and finish at 17:00 with the exception of Wednesday (the third session will last until 12:00).
Intercultural Training Competencies
Developmental Model of Intercultural Sensitivity (DMIS) 1
Cultural MarginalityTraining Content Challenges
Cognitive Style Differences
|Training Methods and Resources|
Low-context and high-context communication
Dr. J. Bennett
Dr. J. Bennett is one of the founding figures of the field of intercultural communication, the executive director of the Intercultural Communication Institute and the editor of the Sage Encyclopaedia of Intercultural Competence.
|Laatst gewijzigd:||20 september 2016 09:29|