This summer school is intended for MSc/PhD/Postdocs in the field(s) of atomic and molecular physics, theoretical physics and chemistry, and particle physics with an interest in searches for new physics.
The participants should have at least Bachelor degree knowledge of Physics or Chemistry. It is expected that the participants have a sufficient command of the English language to actively participate in the discussions and to present their own work in English .
The summer school starts on 16 June 2019 and ends on 22 June 2019.
A detailed schedule will be published later.
During the course you will learn about:
- Particle physics theories beyond the Standard Model
- Experimental methods for search for new physics with low energy precision tests
- Theoretical methods for electronic structure of atoms and molecules
- Search for new physics with highly charged ions
- Laser cooling of molecules
The summer school will consist of 4.5 days of lectures. The students are expected to present a poster, to give a short presentation, and to participate in a team activity.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the Summer School offers a Certificate of Attendance that mentions the workload of 40 hours (28 hours corresponds to 1 ECTS). Students can apply for recognition of these credits to the relevant authorities in their home institutions, therefore the final decision on awarding credits is at the discretion of their home institutions. We will be happy to provide any necessary information that might be requested in addition to the certificate of attendance.
The fee of € 750 includes:
- Participation in the programme
- Housing (5 nights, from Sunday 16/6 to Friday 21/6) in a conference hotel at the Island of Ameland
- Dinners (including conference dinner)
- Welcoming drinks
The deadline for applications has closed, we are no longer accepting applications.
For questions about the summer school, kindly contact the coordinators at email@example.com.
|Last modified:||09 April 2019 10.27 a.m.|