This summer school is designed for graduate and postgraduate students, researchers, and practitioners. We expect our participants to have an expertise in human rights and law and/or literary studies and humanities, as well as ability and readiness to explore multidisciplinary fields of knowledge. Participants should have at least Bachelor degree (or, as a matter of exception, close to finish) in Law or in Literary Studies/Humanities.
It is expected that the participants have a sufficient command of the English language to actively participate in the discussions and to present their own output in English.
The summer school will start on Sunday 14 July with a city tour and welcoming drinks. The course programme will start on Monday 15 July 9AM and ends at Friday 19 July 8PM. The summer schools will include lectures such as:
- Marginality and Empathy: Literature and Human Rights in Prisons
- Law of Literature: The Interaction Between the Cultural Field and the Field of Law
- Innovation of Law, Literature and the Change of Language: The Human Rights Perspective
After this course you will be able to:
- differentiate and apply legal and literary approaches to human rights’ representation
- employ the technics of the literary criticism of human rights law
- explain and justify the main ideas of Law and Literature movement
Upon successful completion of the programme, the Summer School offers a Certificate of Attendance.
- Practitioners: €655 (non-OECD countries: €505)
- PhD Students: €555 (non-OECD countries: €405)
- BA/LL.B, MA/LL.M students: €455 (non-OECD countries: €355)
- University of Groningen students: €305
The fees include:
- 5 lunches
- welcoming drinks
- city tour
- opening dinner
- closing drinks
- one excursion
- printed hand-outs
Housing for 7 nights, from Saturday 13 July 2019 to Saturday 20 July 2019, in an international student house is available upon request for €245. You will have a private room, and share the bathroom, kitchen and common room with your fellow summer school participants. More information can be found at our central housing page.
Registration has closed, we are no longer accepting applications.
If you have any questions about the summer school, kindly contact Mr. Kostiantyn Gorobets and Mr. Andrew Zuidema at lawandliterature rug.nl.
|Last modified:||16 July 2019 11.30 a.m.|