This summer school is designed for finalizing Bachelor students, Master students and PhD students who are interested in understanding the presence and governance of religious diversity in cities.
The summer school programme will start on 20 August 20 at 9 :30 am and end on 24 August at 1pm. We recommend students to arrive before Sunday 3PM so they can participate in the centrally organized welcoming activities.
Study load + certificate
- Contact hours: 31 hours
- Preparation of students individual presentation: 10 hours
After successful completion of the summer school, a certificate of attendance will be awarded.
After this course you are able to:
- Understand the transformation of urban religious landscapes in Europe and beyond;
- Analyse complex processes of contestation, negotiation and governance of religious diversity issues in urban settings;
- Identify the actor constellations and power relations that intervene in the regulation of religion in cities;
- Relate urban processes of religious governance to processes at the national, international and global levels.
It is expected that the participants have a sufficient command of the English language to actively participate in the discussions and to present their own work in English .
|Laatst gewijzigd:||13 december 2017 14:41|