This intensive 8 day summer school will bring together students from several countries and cultural backgrounds, educational levels (BSc, Msc, PhD) and study programmes to work in interdisciplinary multilevel groups to explore the core themes of the European Entrepreneurship Summer School.
Our summer school is research oriented. This means, participants will study contemporary entrepreneurship research, theories, methods and results of research. Among the central questions we focus on:
- What is the role of individual characteristics? Can entrepreneurship be learned?
- To what extent are different forms like high tech, international, social, or corporate entrepreneurship comparable?
- How is entrepreneurship different in several fields such as energy, health, water, manufacturing industry, information technology, psychology, languages?
- How to organize entrepreneurship in start-ups, SME’s and larger corporate entrepreneurial companies?
- How does entrepreneurship differ on national levels?
- What is the role of informal (grey) forms of entrepreneurship? Role of institutions?
- Which methods of research are used in entrepreneurship research?
- How to do process research of entrepreneurship?
- How to do (policy) evaluation research in this field?
These and other questions will be tackled during the week. Focus is different each year based on input of lecturers, students and special topics which are relevant in the host universities region.
In 2018 University of Twente hosts the summer school in Enschede, the Netherlands. The school will focus on discussing Technology Entrepreneurship.
During the school, students will be working on preparing their own presentation on a number of suggested topics.
During the rest of the week, participants will engage in highly interactive sessions exploring entrepreneurship research and applying them to practical cases and their own group project, which is aimed at doing research to develop an entrepreneurial solution to a practical problem, using a theoretically and methodologically solid approach.
In addition to the lectures and project, students will have ample opportunity to share and draw on each other’s culturally specific experience and knowledge. The programme will culminate in a final presentation by each group.
|Dates||19 - 25 August 2018|
|Location||Enschede, the Netherlands|
€ 250 (for partner university students: UG, UT, HSE, UoS)
€ 450 (for others)
University of Groningen: Olga Belousova, email@example.com,
|Laatst gewijzigd:||11 januari 2018 10:21|